You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Request for keyboard shortcuts

Request for keyboard shortcuts

#1 Request for keyboard shortcuts

Posted by: PhilJollans | Date: 2014-01-19 13:12 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, I would love to have keyboard shortcuts to move through the results in the "Search results" and "Search in files results" windows.

Ideally I would like shortcuts to:
- switch to the search results window
(where I can then move up and down with the arrow keys)
- go to next search result
- go to previous search result

I would be happy with an unusual key combination, because I know most people will not need this feature.

Thanks for a great tool. I use it a lot.

Phil

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Request for keyboard shortcuts

Posted by: Manfred62 | Date: 2014-01-19 17:11 | IP: IP Logged

hmm, you mean 'F3' and 'Shift+F3'..?

--
PSPad 4.5.9 (2525)

#3 Re: Request for keyboard shortcuts

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-19 17:28 | IP: IP Logged

As I understand, he needs shortcuts to go through search in files results.
Just now is possible to use Alt+L to jump into Search results field and use arrows to go through results, enter will open file and jump into appropriate line

#4 Re: Request for keyboard shortcuts

Posted by: PhilJollans | Date: 2016-11-19 08:45 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry I didn't react to the replies. I probably did not set the option to get an email notification.

I did mean shortcuts to go through the search results.

I was not aware of the shortcut Alt-L. I have been using the mouse to switch into the search results.

Now I know that I can select the next result with Alt-L, Down, Enter. That is probably better than using the mouse.

I would still love keyboard shortcuts, like Alt-PageDown and Alt-PageUp to move through the results, showing each one in the editor window.

Phil

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR