You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Autorefresh code explorer

Autorefresh code explorer

#1 Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: EnricoG | Date: 2007-11-21 09:50 | IP: IP Logged

I know this has already been asked a lot of times, but please, would you consider adding an option to trigger Code Explorer Refresh each time a file is saved? I think that having the code explorer out of sync kills it's usefulness and refreshing it manually it's not the best solution. A code explorer that auto refreshes on save and that automagically shows wich function the text edit cursor is in would simply rock! (alternatively the code scope could be shown in the status bar, but a up to date code explorer and an indication of code scope are great aid when coding).
Please, consider this... no one finds the out of sync code explorer frustrating?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: urlwolf | Date: 2007-12-29 12:13 | IP: IP Logged

+1

I'd also love to see auto-synch with what function you are in the code.

It'd work similar to the current cursor line highlighting, but for a more abstract level (functions).

You can get the explorer to highlight the function your cursor is on by right-click > synch with editor. No shortcuts that I know of.

Thanks

#3 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: se7h | Date: 2010-08-21 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

+1!
add in the settings of Code Explorer panel that opportunity and to "Synchronize with editor"

#4 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: crimson | Date: 2010-08-23 02:48 | IP: IP Logged

+1

Agree! Currently user can't assign the hot-key to refresh code explorer. For another option, I think the hot-key would be better than use cursor to click the button.

#5 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: chuckf | Date: 2010-08-24 20:03 | IP: IP Logged

I too, have asked for this capability. Ideally, the function name in the status bar. Second best, the code explorer highlights the function automatically. Third best, a shortcut to update the code explorer.

Thanks for listening!
chuckf

#6 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: webdis | Date: 2010-08-25 08:38 | IP: IP Logged

+1
Autorefresh for Code Explorer would be very useful

Regards,
Mike

#7 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: Quicker | Date: 2014-09-09 20:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hiya,

I just upgraded to v4.5.8 09/03/2014.

Is there a way to SWITCH OFF the autorefresh code explorer on file save?

I am saving 5000 line js files very often for debugging - the extra wait time on the code explorer just sucks. Alternative to switch off: can this be somehow refreshed in the background without putting all ressources and focus to the auto-refresh?

Btw. PSPAD is still the best...

Cheers,
Quicker

#8 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-09 20:25 | IP: IP Logged

I will add possibility to switch it off in next build.

#9 Re: Autorefresh code explorer

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-09 20:52 | IP: IP Logged

Done. Autorefresh is possible switch off in Program settings / Tools
New build 4.5.9 was published

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR