You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Copying VB 2010 code with line numbers

Copying VB 2010 code with line numbers

#1 Copying VB 2010 code with line numbers

Posted by: MikeNewman | Date: 2014-09-04 13:03 | IP: IP Logged

I am using VB2010 Express which does not allow Addins to copy and paste code with line numbers.

Is it possible to copy code complete with the line numbers from VB 2010 and paste it into PSPad? I do not want to just have PSPad auto number for me as it will then bear no resemblance to the actual code. I want to write a document explaining how a project works and have references to sections of the code.

All suggestions welcome

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Copying VB 2010 code with line numbers

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-09-04 14:14 | IP: IP Logged

There must be option in Visual studio to allows it. PSpad paste what is coppied into clipboard.

#3 Re: Copying VB 2010 code with line numbers

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2014-09-04 17:41 | IP: IP Logged

MikeNewman:
Is it possible to copy code complete with the line numbers from VB 2010 and paste it into PSPad?

NO.
The source/provider have to add those numbering.
As Jan explain, PSPad as the target can only get what is already at the clipboard.

Quote:
I do not want to just have PSPad auto number for me as it will then bear no resemblance to the actual code.

Why not?
You can set the start number:
- press Alt+I
- set the start number, to lets say '30', and press <enter> key.

This should work fine.

No?

--
Stefan (pleased user since 1722)
Do you know you can spend Jan a beer? (click here)
Inofficial FAQs + Infos + Special Settings

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR