You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

#1 Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2013-01-30 11:18 | IP: IP Logged

When autocompleted word is at beginning of string (after tabs) and has few tabs before - then after autocomplete happend the tabs before this word are converted to spaces. For example you have 5 tabs and word just after them, and you want to autocomplete this word - the result there will be 5 spaces and completed word.

Pspad today is my favorite editor, I very like autocomplete feature but I am using tabs instead of spaces and is that issue is really bugging me.

I'm using the latest 4.5.7 (2450) build.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2013-01-30 12:15 | IP: IP Logged

Also I must mention that if autocomplete happened at the last word of string and there are some words before that, then extra spaces will be inseted after autocompleted word.

I think that this is separated bug in the autocompletion system.

Autocompletion in the middle of string works just fine.

#3 Re: Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2013-01-30 12:31 | IP: IP Logged

#4 Re: Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Posted by: myf | Date: 2013-01-30 15:44 | IP: IP Logged

Try turning OFF both "Scroll past EOL and EOF" and "Trim trailing spaces" in Settings > Editor (part1) or some combination.

Theese prefs are causing most of whitespace annoyances in PSPad since few versions ago; several annoyances were already reported.

#5 Re: Autocomplete feature ignores RealTabs=1 setting

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2013-01-30 16:09 | IP: IP Logged

myf:
Try turning OFF both "Scroll past EOL and EOF" and "Trim trailing spaces" in Settings > Editor (part1) or some combination.

Theese prefs are causing most of whitespace annoyances in PSPad since few versions ago; several annoyances were already reported.

Thanks, turning off "Trim trailing spaces" is enough.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR