You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Copy carriage return at line end.

Copy carriage return at line end.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: rajat | Date: 2005-04-26 19:33 | IP: IP Logged

When i select a complete line by clicking the line number on left, is there a way to include the carriage return at line end, into the text copied?

Thanx!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-04-26 19:34 | IP: IP Logged

Users wishes behaviour as is

You can use Shift+Down on the line begin

#3 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: rajat | Date: 2005-04-26 19:54 | IP: IP Logged

Thanx for replying so fast (and for PSPad ofcourse)! ...if possible, please consider this setting optional for next version (default being current behaviour).

Thanx again!

#4 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-04-26 20:24 | IP: IP Logged

If you find several other users who will want it, I will implement it.

#5 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: riechert | Date: 2005-04-26 23:39 | IP: IP Logged

I've learned to shift down or drag down to make sure that the carriage return is copied.

But.. count me as one who want the carriage return copied automatically.

#6 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: CodeDigger | Date: 2005-04-27 08:44 | IP: IP Logged

Well, it seems logical to include the carriage return at the end when you select a complete line.
There is no standard behaviour in other Windows programs: for example, Internet Explorer does not copy the line-end if you select a line by triple-click; on the other hand, Visual Studio and MS Word do include the line-end.
I see only one disadvantage: if you select a line in a script (Korn shell in my case) and you paste it in a terminal/command window, the command is executed immediately without the possibility to adapt it. But I have no problem with dragging over the line or using Shift-End.
OK, I can live with the added carriage return.

#7 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: rajat | Date: 2005-04-27 09:34 | IP: IP Logged

Thanx riechert & CodeDigger.
Other users, if you think that this can be a useful adition (ofcourse optional) then please share your views.

Thanx.
(just curious) what does PS in PSPad stand for?

#8 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: vuki | Date: 2005-04-27 18:18 | IP: IP Logged

I would also like to have the selection of the whole line with CRLF with single click. I was using EditPlus for a long time and PSPad-style line selection seems illogical to me. I got used to select+drag down, but automatic selection would be welcome. It could be an option set in preferences.

#9 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: Jume | Date: 2005-04-27 22:08 | IP: IP Logged

well im in the other side, i see it completely logical to dont copy the line break, cause it always happends that i want the content of the line

maybe its cause im used to work with keyboard almost purely when im coding, so i do a shift+home or ****+end

anyways, i dont mind if the option is included in pspad, only if the actual behavior its not overwritten (that is, if theres an option to include or not the line break)

#10 Re: Copy carriage return at line end.

Posted by: David | Date: 2005-04-28 02:40 | IP: IP Logged

Definitely think the carriage return should be copied as well. Thanks!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR