You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2018-04-23 08:23 | IP: IP Logged

About the left opening, it seems not specific to PSPad in fact. I am new to this Windows 10 machine, and this issue is more probably related to my ignorance settings things right than to PSPad, sorry.

If anybody knows how to get a right-opening menu in Windows 10, i am all ears ... smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-04-23 13:41 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I didn't noticed it before release.
Do you have installed east languages support or any right to left support?

It has always been like this in all the latest versions (version 4 I can not remember). No special languages support. Other programms open this menus to the right.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-04-23 14:11 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
pspad:
I didn't noticed it before release.
Do you have installed east languages support or any right to left support?

It has always been like this in all the latest versions (version 4 I can not remember). No special languages support. Other programms open this menus to the right.

I never met it, so I didn't solve it.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2018-04-23 19:31 | IP: IP Logged

I am replying to myself as I finally found how to change that pesky menu behavior in Windows 10:

Quote:
The other issue is that the 'Handedness' setting has become corrupted or changed. To change this, follow these steps.

Press the Windows logo key+R to bring up the Run dialog box. In the Open line, copy/paste the following text.

shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}

Press OK.

This will start the Tablet PC Settings configuration dialog (Even if you do not have a Tablet PC).

Select the Other Tab.

In the Handedness section, place a check mark in the Left Handed option.

Click OK.

This should place the menus on the right side.

See answers.microsoft.com

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-04-24 07:48 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for your add. I am glad it explain wrong menu placement behavior.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-04-24 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you @tmtisfree.

But I think this only is a workaround. At the very right moment Windows 10 does not respect this setting. I'm right handed but all programs open the menus and context menus to the right of my touching finger although the tablet setting is set to right handed where the menus should open on left side on my tablet.

When I set this tablet setting to left handed now although I'm right handed then I will not benefit of this setting in the future when this Windows setting will work.

PSPad seems to be the only program that changes the menu open settings when I set it to left or right handed.

Side note: This setting should only affect the touch event not the mouse event.

Edit: BTW PSPad context menu behaves correct already. Only the normal menus open to the left.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-04-24 13:32 by Andreas.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2018-04-24 16:48 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
Thank you @tmtisfree.

But I think this only is a workaround. At the very right moment Windows 10 does not respect this setting. I'm right handed but all programs open the menus and context menus to the right of my touching finger although the tablet setting is set to right handed where the menus should open on left side on my tablet.

When I set this tablet setting to left handed now although I'm right handed then I will not benefit of this setting in the future when this Windows setting will work.

PSPad seems to be the only program that changes the menu open settings when I set it to left or right handed.

Side note: This setting should only affect the touch event not the mouse event.

Edit: BTW PSPad context menu behaves correct already. Only the normal menus open to the left.

I agree this handledness setting is confusing, but it has corrected the menu placement in all programs where it was previously wrong, so I will not complain.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2018-04-25 11:54 | IP: IP Logged

@Jan

I notice also that the small red triangle normally indicating the active tab is not longer displayed, except when (auto-)saving the file.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-04-25 12:12 | IP: IP Logged

tmtisfree:
@Jan

I notice also that the small red triangle normally indicating the active tab is not longer displayed, except when (auto-)saving the file.

Smal red triangel indicates changed file, not an active tab

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (275) English

Posted by: tmtisfree | Date: 2018-04-26 11:14 | IP: IP Logged

Ah yes! It is so small on my new screen that I was confused by the rapid autosaving feature.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR