You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-11-03 22:06 | IP: IP Logged

human:
We do this in a C application with Microsoft C and pipes, works on all tested systems (at least since Windows XP up to Windows 10):

Thank you. Problem is when you need to read console in the thread.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2017-11-03 23:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hm, just start the thread and pass the command to execute + object to store the output in, then use nearly the code above in the thread to execute the command and put its output into the object passed?

Please give some more details where the problem is and I may come up with a solution smiling smiley

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-11-03 23:49 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Thank you for help. You should use similar compiler as the gwinkles uses.
With some simple output (dos command or simple console application) it works without problems. He uses some Fortan compiler (as I remember).

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2017-11-07 12:10 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Hello

Thank you for help. You should use similar compiler as the gwinkles uses.
With some simple output (dos command or simple console application) it works without problems. He uses some Fortan compiler (as I remember).

Not exactly. I remember how the confusion arose: I'm using plink, and I didn't make it clear what plink is (web search returns the wrong result).

The plink I'm using is just a command-line SSH client shipped with putty, more info here

I use it to return the output from gcc on a remote linux box to pspad.

From what you said before it's something to do with security of network-returned data? Or something.

I could try using the new windows version of openssh-client instead of plink to see if that helps, if the additional info would be helpful.

Geoff

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: tosbsas | Date: 2017-11-07 18:15 | IP: IP Logged

I downloaded the englisch version 64 bit, but all dialogs are in czech - what can I do

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2017-11-07 20:32 | IP: IP Logged

tosbsas:
I downloaded the englisch version 64 bit, but all dialogs are in czech - what can I do

Hi,
make sure, the directory structure of the archive is preserved. There should be subdirectories within the main directory of pspad.
The language files are e.g.
pspad\Language\English.ini

Some unpackers might destroy this structure (with default settings) and all files are unpacked in the toplevel folde; PSPad.exe then isn't able to locate language files for gui.

hth,
vbr

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-11-07 22:57 | IP: IP Logged

tosbsas:

64bit version is EXE only.
Download 32 bit version first and than replace exe with 64bit version

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: tosbsas | Date: 2017-11-09 15:44 | IP: IP Logged

I found a way (smiling smiley downloaded 32 bit version, copied the new structure to the older version directory and than copied the 64bit version there

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: bluezero | Date: 2017-12-27 06:25 | IP: IP Logged

UTF-8 encoding auto-detection does not work in 5 (detects ANSI 1252) in some files.
PHP code autodetection does not work => neither 4 nor 5, detects HTML multihighlighter

Opening with default editor (PSPad 5) - results in this:
i.gyazo.com
Opening via the menu or dragging file into PSPad works fine.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (251) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-12-27 08:44 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

If file doesn't contains BOL or any char with value above 127, the content of file is same with ANSI and UTF-8. In this case there is no possibility how to detect content of the file.

On the picture you attached is problem with file name. This will happen if you use PSPad 4 and 5 together. You have associated PSPad 5 in explorer and PSPad 5 is running.
If one PSPad instance is running and you open file e.g. with doubleclick or via explorer context menu, windows will start another PSpad with file as parameter. In this case this new PSPad will detect another PSPad is running and sends file name as message to running instance.
PSPad 4 sends ANSI encoded file name, PSPad 5 is awaiting unicode encoding file name. Result is on yout pic.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR