You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English - High DPI scaling issues

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2017-06-22 02:46 | IP: IP Logged

Three display issues on high DPI displays with scaling seem to have appeared.

... 1) The text in drop down menus is about twice the size it should be. Not the menu titles, which are the right size, but the text in the menu after it drops down. This is true regardless what size menu icons are selected. This began in the new builds about a couple months ago.

... 2) There is now a space of several lines between the ruler numbers (0, 10, 20, ...) and the ruler ticks. I believe this started within the last couple builds.

... 3) If you select the toolbar icon set PSPad_64 and have too many icons in the toolbar for the window width, PSPad calculates the length of the toolbar incorrectly for wrapping (seems to treat it as if it were the size 32 icons or the like).

I created images of the first two issues, but this forum does not seem to have any way to add images directly, or I cannot figure it out.

I have this experience on two computers with Dell high resolution displays (3840x2160) and scaling set to 250% and on a Surface Book with scaling set to 200%.

-- Thanks, as always

P.S. As a minor note, from my experience, it would be useful to have a set of toolbar icons size 48; I find 32 too small and 64 a bit too large. But this is a minor suggestion.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English - High DPI scaling issues

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-06-22 04:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
Thank you for your report. If you have screenshot, publish them on any free image sharing service like ctrlv.cz

I will try to simulate it.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2017-07-11 03:06 | IP: IP Logged

And in the meantime, I'm *still* getting periodic crashes in Pspad, even with build 235a. This is maddening, I cannot use this program with this problem, which is starting to look unsolvable.

This time was when I was trying to close the program; every time I clicked close (the icon in upper right corner), I'd get a crash dump. Since I've never gotten any response when posting previous dumps, I didn't bother this time. I killed the program from the command line.

My system:
windows 7 64 bit
NVidia graphics

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-11 05:05 | IP: IP Logged

I am sorry.
I made some fixes, but just now I am stucked in my work. I will try to publish new build as soon as possible.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-07-11 11:55 | IP: IP Logged

I can confirm this. Many crashes. Can not mail the crash report when urged to do so (portable Thunderbird on Windows 10). But this message did not pop up very often. Mostly I have to shut down the pspad task as pspad did not react in any way.

I do not know which actions causes this.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2017-07-11 18:28 | IP: IP Logged

> Can not mail the crash report when urged to do so...

Doesn't PSPad give an option to save the Dump and a text file with additional content (which would be used as mail body) to disk?
If not I would highly suggest this as people using webmail only wouldn't have a single chance to send reports.

human

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-11 20:08 | IP: IP Logged

There is a possibility to copy content into clipboard (button) and paste into any mail client

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: ok1 | Date: 2017-07-12 00:56 | IP: IP Logged

I have had for a while on PSPad 5.0.0 various versions an issue where PSPad stops responding for a short period, say 10-15 seconds, when I switch to it i.e.

- It is running
- I switch to it and when I click or type nothing happens.
- It doesn't "ghost" or "grey out" like a non-responsive window will.
- When it does respond any typed characters or pasted data is entered
- No other program is doing this

Anyone else having this or is it more likely something specific to me/my PC ?

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-12 05:32 | IP: IP Logged

ok1:
I have had for a while on PSPad 5.0.0 various versions an issue where PSPad stops responding for a short period, say 10-15 seconds, when I switch to it i.e.

Are you connected to FTP? If yes, do you use SSL/TLS connection?
Do you use scripting support in PSPad? If yes, can you try to switch it off for a while (Program settings / System integration)?

When you switch back to PSPad it checks open files for changes. If you open files from slow network drive, it can take a while. You can try to switch off file change detection - program settings / Direct edit, change value of CheckDocChanges to zero.

If anything will help you, let me know, I need to know cause of this behavior.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (235) English

Posted by: ok1 | Date: 2017-07-12 23:49 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the reply

FTP - no, don't use this

File changes - could be but the LAN here is not normally slow but will check on what files I have open when it occurs.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR