You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-05-12 11:14 | IP: IP Logged

programmer9:
Find in Files still has the problem with not showing the selected text in the Text to Find box when a longer version of the selected text is already in the drop-down list of previously searched items.

To re-cap:

If the text 12345 is in the list of previously searched items but 1234 isn't, then selecting (highlighting) 1234 and using the find in files tool offers 12345 in the Text to Find box

(If 1234 and 12345 are both in the list of previously searched items there is no problem)

I hope I fixed it.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: Bobf | Date: 2017-05-12 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

it seems the "Search / Replace in Files" doesn't works in the 204 build.
create some files and search for a word within the files. The result is always 0 nothing found.
Go back to v4 or a build like v5 191, there it's still working with the same search argument and the same files.
Is that known?

rgs
#Bob

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-05-12 14:38 | IP: IP Logged

Bobf:
Hi Jan,

it seems the "Search / Replace in Files" doesn't works in the 204 build.
create some files and search for a word within the files. The result is always 0 nothing found.
Go back to v4 or a build like v5 191, there it's still working with the same search argument and the same files.
Is that known?

rgs
#Bob

Hello. I tested it and it works for me. Please ensure you set correctly Code page.
What encoding did you use in your file?
Can you provide any example of nonworking search? Send me it to support mail please.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-05-12 16:18 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
srce:
It looks like the red marker in the file tabs that indicates if a file has unsaved changes no longer works correctly. Sometimes when closing files, the marker appears on files that have no changes. When selecting that file, the marker then disappears. It's not obvious how to reproduce it, but I believe I've seen it a few times.

I also encoutered this... very often the red marker appears in the first tab (always?) while the source was not modified... I also tried to remember why/when but did not find the cause yet...

Hi Jan,

To simulate this (5.0.0 203):

- Open 5 files
- Modify something in the 5th file
- Click the 2nd file tab
- Close file using CTRL+F4

The red marker are show incorrectly in 2nd tab...

Sandro

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: Bobf | Date: 2017-05-15 06:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

sorry for the delay. Yes you are right the problem was the codepage in the "Find /Search in File" menu. The codepage was set to "Unicode UTF 16 little endian (1200)" , after setting back to UTF-8 BOM, the search result are displayed as expected..

a big thanks
#Bobf

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-05-15 06:58 | IP: IP Logged

In the Codepage menu you can addept Code page menu content for you, switch off code pages what have no ussage for you and reorder menu, e.g. put UTF-8 to the top...

Anyway, search dialog will remember your choice so next time it will offer you last used code page

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: Bobf | Date: 2017-05-15 09:26 | IP: IP Logged

many thanks Jan.

rgs
#BobF

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-05-15 11:35 | IP: IP Logged

Bobf:
after setting back to UTF-8 BOM,

If you do not need the BOM you better save it without BOM as some programming languages have problems with a BOM in a file - e.g. PHP.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-05-15 11:50 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
Bobf:
after setting back to UTF-8 BOM,

If you do not need the BOM you better save it without BOM as some programming languages have problems with a BOM in a file - e.g. PHP.

BOM / non BOM has no influence of File search result. Important is UTF-8.
I think his file has no BOM. If BOM was present, PSPad will recognize it.

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (204) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-05-15 12:05 | IP: IP Logged

srce:
Hi. Text Diff with File doesn't seem to work properly in the 64-bit version. The highlighting is wrong. Looks ok in the 32-bit version though. Thanks.

Hello srce.
I tested it, but I didn't see any problem. Can you send me example what causes wrong text diff highlighting?

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR