You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-14 07:50 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
www.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version!!!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Important
There is many changes in this version. It may contains bugs. Be carefull.

Changes to 5.0.0 (116)

News
User convertors are stored in .\Convertor subfolder with UTF-8 encoding. Conversion extended of regular expressions. See the file template.in_ for definition changes

Fixes:
removed few unsupported code pages
ASCII chart contains single bytes encodings
small fixes

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: metrino | Date: 2017-03-14 09:29 | IP: IP Logged

Hi. Since v 116 I'm experiencing some strange freeze, duration is about 4-8 seconds, after that PSPad works again for some minute.
I'm running PSPad (32) on Win7 pro 64bit.
It never happened with < 5.0 versions

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2017-03-14 12:01 | IP: IP Logged

hello,
I have a little issue with this version :
when opening the file Plugins\FileType\ReadMe.txt, the filename is converted into a lot of some kind of Chinese characters...
This was while double-clicking on this file in Explorer. When dragging this file thru PSPad the filename is correct

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-14 12:12 | IP: IP Logged

MadCompie:
hello,
when opening the file Plugins\FileType\ReadMe.txt, the filename is converted into a lot of some kind of Chinese characters...
This was while double-clicking on this file in Explorer. When dragging this file thru PSPad the filename is correct

Hello

This is caused but using old and new PSPad together.
You have old PSpad associated in Windows Explorer but you use new PSPad. When you click on file, Windows starts old PSpad with parameter and old PSPad sends file as ANSI name to new PSpad what awaits Unicode parameter.

Go to program settings / System integration, select integration method to registry and back to DLL and confirm.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-14 12:13 | IP: IP Logged

metrino:
Hi. Since v 116 I'm experiencing some strange freeze, duration is about 4-8 seconds, after that PSPad works again for some minute.
I'm running PSPad (32) on Win7 pro 64bit.
It never happened with < 5.0 versions

Do you have FTP connection active with TSL/SSL?

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: metrino | Date: 2017-03-14 13:30 | IP: IP Logged

One SFTP connection is configured but it never worked before. However I rebooted PC, maybe some other hidden task was conflicting with PSPad.
I'll monitor the situation for a while.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: metrino | Date: 2017-03-14 15:37 | IP: IP Logged

Strange freezes are still here.
I tried to clean SFTP/FTP connections to be sure it doesn't try to connect for some reason, with no success.

The only thing that works in background is file changes checking, so maybe...

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: Freeman | Date: 2017-03-15 09:30 | IP: IP Logged

I think, popup menu on double click on status bar isn't intuitive. Popup menu should appear on single click. Double click may be switch ANSI between UTF-8, but I'm not sure. Encodings to switch between may be customizable.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-15 09:38 | IP: IP Logged

Freeman:
I think, popup menu on double click on status bar isn't intuitive. Popup menu should appear on single click. Double click may be switch ANSI between UTF-8, but I'm not sure. Encodings to switch between may be customizable.

StatusBar has Single click or Double click functionality. It depends of Program settings / Program 2 - Statusbar functions require dblClick intead of singleClick. It's common for all status bar operations

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.0 (122) English

Posted by: MadCompie | Date: 2017-03-15 11:43 | IP: IP Logged

THX!

pspad:
MadCompie:
hello,

Hello

This is caused but using old and new PSPad together.
You have old PSpad associated in Windows Explorer but you use new PSPad. When you click on file, Windows starts old PSpad with parameter and old PSPad sends file as ANSI name to new PSpad what awaits Unicode parameter.

Go to program settings / System integration, select integration method to registry and back to DLL and confirm.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR