You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

#1 PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-07-04 18:37 | IP: IP Logged

Released full version
www.pspad.com

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: menet | Date: 2016-07-14 12:56 | IP: IP Logged

I have installed the new version with the pspad461setup.exe file to install it on my Windows 7 PC under c:\Util\pspad where PSPAD was already present. It was the version 2716.

Now it looks like, I had never used PSPAD on my PC. When I run it for the first time I have no more the history of all the previous files I had saved.
I have nothing from me in the favorite tab (heart) where previously all the files I open often were their, ready to be reopened.

Under the c:\Util\pspad folder, it looks like the INI files and others files were not touch.

I have also lost my keyboard shortcuts and macros...

How can I recover all I have lost ?

Best regards. Menet

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-07-14 13:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I guess your previous PSPad wasn't set as portable and you installed new version as portable or vice versa.
Open program settings / System and change settings of option "Multiuser environment".

It will work in case you didn't uninstall previous version before you installed the new one.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: menet | Date: 2016-07-16 08:05 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks Jan for the quick reply,

I suppose i was using a portable version (configuration files under Pspad folder) but i have used the Installer to use the 4.6.1 (2730).
Looking "Settings > Program Settings... > System integration", the "Multi User Environment" was set. I have unchecked it then do OK and restart Pspad to recover my favorite tab (heart), my keyboard shortcuts and my macros.

It was not the first time I have done the same error....
But this time I write it to to you.

Thanks again. menet

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-07-16 11:29 | IP: IP Logged

I am glad to help you. Next time downlod portable version and replace content of existing folder.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: programmer9 | Date: 2016-08-11 10:12 | IP: IP Logged

Given the following text:

qwerty qwert

Select the 'word' qwerty. Use Find in Files (either from the menu or using the icon) and search (it doesn't matter what the results are). Now do another Find in Files with the 'word' qwert selected - the Text to Find box shows qwerty not qwert.

A minor problem but it has caught me out a few times when I have just clicked the OK button and not been searching for what I thought I was searching.

There is no problem if the shorter string is searched for first - the longer string is shown in the Text to Find box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-11 10:13 by programmer9.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2730) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2016-09-15 21:59 | IP: IP Logged

programmer9:
Select the 'word' qwerty. Use Find in Files (either from the menu or using the icon) and search (it doesn't matter what the results are). Now do another Find in Files with the 'word' qwert selected - the Text to Find box shows qwerty not qwert.

Same here. Not sure if it's new behaviour but I've only noticed it recently so I'm going to assume so; it's rather more than mildly irritating - the search box is autocompleting on highlighted text, which is unexpected, and (especially given that the behaviour is "highlight text", then "hit alt-s s enter") you rarely even notice that it's searching for the wrong thing until the results appear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-15 21:59 by gwinkless.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR