You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4

#31 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Posted by: gwinkless | Date: 2016-04-20 09:14 | IP: IP Logged

human:
Come on, don't be so hard on him - it looks like he already did what is necessary to provide more information.

And that gives him the right to be rude and aggressive?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-04-28 06:24 | IP: IP Logged

I am still fighting with this issue - Ctrl+/ shortcut
I found something interesting. I have Windows 10. When I make modification using Program settings / KeyMap, the Ctrl+/ works for me, but Ctrl+/ on the numeric keyboard doesn't work.
After PSPad restart, Ctrl+/ on the numeric keyboard works but the standard / key doesn't.

On the Windows XP the behavior is different - Key is saved in the KEYMap file, but isn't loaded.
Same behavior is on the Windows 7.

It means there is different keys presentation from operating system.

#33 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-04-28 07:13 | IP: IP Logged

Result: under Windows 10 it works only in time you assign it. After shortcut is saved (translated from shortcut to string) and loaded (translated from string to shortcut), it doesn't work.

I found the key / can't be bind as shortcut. Only the key Num / can be bind.
Standard routines for translation string are not able translate / key.

#34 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.1 (2714) English

Posted by: Wirek | Date: 2016-04-28 12:05 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
(...)
On the Windows XP the behavior is different - Key is saved in the KEYMap file, but isn't loaded.
Same behavior is on the Windows 7.

It means there is different keys presentation from operating system.

Thank you for your efforts and the feedback info.
As far as I remember a standard keyboard (such as the 101-key US traditional keyboard or the 104-key Windows keyboard) has always returned special key code sequences for keys on the numerical keypad, e.g. "/" key (near right "Shift") is different from "Num /" key (near "Num Lock"). I don't know how big influence a specific OS with its specific logical keyboard layout has on it. But I have never had any problems with the "Ctrl+/" 2-key shortcut combination in the "Eclipse PHP IDE" (a.k.a. "Eclipse for PHP Developers") neither under Windows XP Pro nor under Windows 7 HP. I guess that some sort of inheritance of a buggy class (IDE component) or overloading of a buggy method would be necessary to overcome this problem but I leave that to your discretion.

I confirm that exchanging the "Ctrl+/" on a "Ctrl+Num /" 2-key shortcut combination in step 4 of my 10 step by step procedure (described earlier) makes it ("Ctrl+Num /") work under Windows XP Pro right after applying the changes in the PSPad editor settings as well as after restarting the editor (steps 8 and 9). Although it is presented correctly as the "Ctrl+Num /" only in the "New Shortcut:" field of the "Add/Remove Comment" window when setting for the first time and is presented incorrectly as a "Ctrl+/" anywhere else (on the list in "Key Map" tab in the "Program Settings..." window, in the "New Shortcut:" field when edited, in the "Format"\"Add/Remove Comment" menu option, in the "KeyMap.INI" file), the "Ctrl+/" doesn't work because "Ctrl+Num /" works.
Setting the "Ctrl+/" makes it work only after applying the changes while after restarting the editor it silently (magically) changes to working as the "Ctrl+Num /" (the "Ctrl+/" previously set doesn't work any more) - there's no difference in the "KeyMap.INI" file when setting the "Ctrl+/" or the "Ctrl+Num /" 2-key shortcut combination in the editor settings but there is a difference in the actual key code sequences returned from the keyboard. Interesting!

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR