You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2669) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-08-16 20:18 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
code.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version!!!
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Tip: If you want to speed up start and you don't use FTPS connection, delete files libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll in the root of PSPad.

Changes to 4.6.0 (2665)

News
PSPadStarter - new small application what significantly speeds up file open with dblclick or in case when PSPad is integrated into explorer using registry. For existing users - open PSpad settings / System integration. uncheck and check "open TXT files" and confirm OK.
Highlighter settings - added possibility to set real tabs individually for highlighter. Please notice, that checkbox has 3 states. Grayed means PSPad will respect Program settings.
Set bookmark - function was extended to set/delete bookmark
Search/Replace in files - if isn't checked option in Program settings / Tools for prefill search field with current word/selected text, PSPad will use last used search string

Fixes:
Current tab highlight for non themed Windows
HEX editor - handled situation when bytes per column was set to 1 and view was switched from text to HEX mode for unicode file
WindowSplit - tab width defined in Highlighter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 03:57 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2015-08-16 21:17 | IP: IP Logged

Avira is detecting PSPadStarter as TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3. No other AV detects it as anything other than Jiangmin which I have never heard of. Might be worth speaking ot Avira to get it whitelisted.

update: Have reported it as an FP to Avira.

--
Carbonize

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-16 21:24 by carbonize.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: ok1 | Date: 2015-08-17 00:10 | IP: IP Logged

Minor issue, the thread title has version as "4.6.0 (2667)" should be "4.6.0 (2669)".

All good smiling smiley

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-08-17 04:21 | IP: IP Logged

File name for download issue was ixed. Thank you.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-08-17 04:41 | IP: IP Logged

carbonize:
Avira is detecting PSPadStarter as TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3. No other AV detects it as anything other than Jiangmin which I have never heard of. Might be worth speaking ot Avira to get it whitelisted.

update: Have reported it as an FP to Avira.

I will send false positive report to all of them
I tested, when I include digital signiture into this exe, only Jiangmin detect it. I will do it for all future versions.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-08-17 04:48 | IP: IP Logged

Result from Avira: False positive

You can see results:
analysis.avira.com

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2015-08-17 08:54 | IP: IP Logged

Yes Avira emailed me this morning to say they had finished their analysis and have removed PSPadStarter.exe from their detections in the next update which I guess they have already pushed out.

analysis.avira.com

--
Carbonize

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-17 08:57 by carbonize.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2667) English

Posted by: programmer9 | Date: 2015-08-20 10:37 | IP: IP Logged

The "Search and/or replace in files" bug that I reported in build 2667 is still present in 2669 (running under Windows 7 64-bit Professional)

If the icon is clicked to bring up the dialog box and then a previously searched location is selected from the "Selected Directory" drop-down box and then "OK" is clicked the search finds no matches and, when the "Search and/or replace in files" icon is next clicked the "Selected Directory" field is blank.

If a previously searched location is selected for the "Selected Directory" field and this is then edited (add and delete a space for example) the search works and finds the specified text. Also the next time the "Search and/or replace in files" icon is clicked the "Selected Directory" field is still set to the last searched location (this is as expected) - a search without selecting a location from the "Selected Directory" drop-down box will then find the text matches expected.

(This problem does not apply to the "Text to Find" field which works as expected)

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2669) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2015-09-01 22:51 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
Installed release version and then patched with build 2669; I can't get Real tabs to stay working. Every time I run PSPad Real Tab are checked, but don't work until I uncheck and recheck them. Any idea what this is, bug or settings problem?
Pete

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-01 22:52 by PGomersall.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.6.0 (2669) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-02 04:15 | IP: IP Logged

New build brings individual TAB settings in the highlighter settings. Please ensure, that TAB settings in highlighter settings / Specification tab is in 3rd state (not checked, not unchecked). In this case central settings works.
You can set individual highlighter for real tabs, other for spaces. If highlighter is set to checked/unchecked, it has priority.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR