You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-30 17:53 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
code.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Tip: If you want to speed up start and you don't use FTPS connection, delete files libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll in the root of PSPad.

Changes to 4.5.8 (2519)

News
program works now correctly with extreme DPI sizes. I suggest you to set icons for toolbar and menu to PSPad_24 in program settings / Program 1 for DPI higher than 125% and above. If you use portable PSPad on PCs with different DPI settings, PSPad will automatically change menu and toolbar icons to best fit your display setting.

Fixes:
Open file with wildchar when another PSPad instance already runs

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-12-04 20:15 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
Please investigate.
1) You have Smart file locking enabled.
2) You have say test.ini in C:\Windows with modify permission set on the file.
3) You open in PSPad and PSPad complains about not been able to create the lock file, which is normal, but...
4) PSpad changes the file attributes to read only and leaves them that way afterwards.
Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-04 20:16 by PGomersall.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-05 13:05 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

There is little misunderstanding.
If you open file from system protected folders, editor has no rights to change this file - it sames as attribut is set as R/O

In PSPad you can set lock for editing - toolbar lock button to prevent changes in file.
In the fact, no R/O attribute is set, cause PSPad has no rights to write into this folder.
If you click on the lock button, it should enable editing in PSPad.

I will try to simulate it.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-12-05 14:41 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
This is an example but there are some older applications that still create ini files in C:\Windows and if users are standard user on the system the application will not run properly so we allow modify to that file. I know the folders are generally protected. However in this case if I try and edit the file with pspad, with smart locking enabled, I first get can't create lock file - which is expected, but then pspad turns on read only attribute on the file (even if it wasn't previously set) and leaves it that way. It seems like PSPad just assumes the file should be read only because it couldn't create the lock or it is because it thinks everything in C:\windows is read only rather that knowing what the permissions are actually on the file.
Lastly the lock button in these cases is NOT enabled i.e. greyed out; I just get the black rectangle on the tab and R/O in the title bar.
Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-05 14:45 by PGomersall.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-05 15:15 | IP: IP Logged

Older applications can create ini files in windows folder, but it looks like this. windows uses virtualization to allow old application run. In the real the ini is created "somewhere", it means e.g. in the C:\Users\loginname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore folder. Similar it is with Program files folder. Program is happy it can write where it wants, but in the real he uses virtualized folder.

Try to read about Windows virtualization:
www.symantec.com

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: hhoefling | Date: 2014-12-05 16:35 | IP: IP Logged

That's right,
but i think in this case
the look file will be allready stored in the virtual folder?

But if the PsPad User has Admin right's
the virtualisation will not be done.

PS:
I also have many old Programms which write to *.ini Files in C:\Windows

--
by HH

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-05 16:39 | IP: IP Logged

I wrote what can cause file editing lock in PSPad.
I didn't write there isn't any bug in PSPad in locking mechanism. Locking mechanism is new relative thing and I am not able to test it in all cases (Samba networks, Linux servers, e.t.c.). What I am able is to fix problems as soon as possible.

I wrote PGomersall that I will simulate his problem and in case I found any wrong behavior, I will fix it smiling smiley

#8 DPI Scaling - 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2014-12-20 22:14 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, this version seems to work much better with high DPI. However, I have noticed one problem. When there is more than one row of tabs, only the top part of the bottom rows of tabs show - the bottoms get cut off. With three rows I see no text in the bottom row. (I have a screen shot, but do not see a way to add it here, sorry.) This occurs under Windows 8.1, with DPI 150% - I have not compared other settings. Note this issue occurs regardless whether display scaling for high DPI is enabled or disabled under compatibility. Other than this, everything seems to look fine with Windows DPI scaling enabled.

... Solidornot

#9 Re: DPI Scaling - 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-12-21 06:50 | IP: IP Logged

I got report there is a problem with file tabs. I will looks at it. I hope this is the only part what rest for DPI scalling and the rest of PSpad is OK. If you will find any scalling problem problem, report is immediately please.

#10 Re: DPI Scaling - 4.5.9 (2521) English

Posted by: Solidornot | Date: 2014-12-25 20:00 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you. I have been using this version since the start of December and have not noticed any scaling issues other than the tabs.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR