You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-10-28 19:24 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
This isn't specifically about 2513, but the shell context menu integration via the third party dll. What I have found is if PSPad is active you can get the context menu to correctly show both "Edit in PSPad" and "Edit in current session of PSPad". If PSPad is minimized\closed to the tray only "Edit in PSPad" shows and clicking this launches another PSPad process.
Is there anyway you can get this fixed so the context menu knows if PSPad is running when minimized\closed to the tray?
Pete

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-28 20:18 | IP: IP Logged

I don't know exactly how this extension works, but I can guess. When PSpad is closed into tray, the main window is hidden and can't be found by extension.
It will be hard to handle.
Do you use more PSPad instances? If not, disable it in the Program settings / system.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2014-10-29 03:42 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I had only one instance checked in your integration settings. However, I do have the 3rd part installers from SourceForge and had run edit-multi-sessions.js he provides. This seems to have a way to bypass your single instance setting but the dll as you say cannot deal with a hidden instance. If I run his edit-single-session.js, all works in PSPad as designed.
The 2 scripts he provides seems to break PSPad's design logic. To be honest it may be better for PSPad if you developed your on context dll so you could control all its operation.
Regards,
Pete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 03:43 by PGomersall.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-29 08:49 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, there are two modes to use this library - single and multisession mode.
If you will use PSpad settings, it will set correctly DLL mode corresponding to settings in PSPad program settings.
If you will set multisession in PSPad program settings, DLL will be set to multisession mode to and vice versa.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: padfox | Date: 2014-11-03 07:06 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

there is a problem with the hotkeys [Alt+_] of the main menu items and the German language settings. The hotkeys aren't shown. When I change the language settings to English they are shown. Then I change to German. Still shown. But when I open a new instance of PSPad they are missing again.
When I close PSPad with English language settings and open a new instance of PSPad they are shown.

In "Ease of Access Center" -> "Make the keyboard easier to use" I have checked "Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts"/"Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys".

BTW, nice new icons...

Many thanks and greetings
padFox

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-03 07:39 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Are you able to modify hotkeys in the (at least) menu to be equal German standard?
Open please .\Lang\Deutsch.ini and in the section [Main menu] add char & before leter you want to have hotkey. E.g.:

mEdit_Caption=Bearbeiten
change to:
mEdit_Caption=&Bearbeiten

To see the change, go to program settings, dblclick on English and back to Deutsch lang or restart PSpad.
Don't change strings before brackets. I can do it too, but I don't know your standard sad smiley

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: ugc | Date: 2014-11-03 09:15 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
PHP with continue comment function adds unwanted spaces

I've been waiting for this fix for years smiling smiley But there is another problem caused by this fix :( Example:

/**
* Some very, very, very long line comment...
*/

Try do place cursor for example after word "long" and press Enter. Rest of line will disappear. You must hit Ctrl+Z to restore it but event then, there is no asterisk character in front of line.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-03 09:30 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you. I will fix it.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: Marten | Date: 2014-11-10 20:16 | IP: IP Logged

Dear Jan,

I'm using PSPad to edit and compile C++-files. When the compiler generates an error message, PSPad jumps to the indicate line, but opens a new window for the file that contains the error instead of jumping to the indicated line in the already opened file. By consequence after a couple of compilations several windows for the same file are opened. This is very irritating.
Is it possible to repair this 'feature'.

Kind regards,
Marten

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-10 20:41 | IP: IP Logged

Can you show me log error line and your parser settings?
It looks like there will be wrong settings in log parser

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR