You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-25 16:49 | IP: IP Logged

Download links (2.9 MB):
code.fosshub.com
pspad.poradna.net

This archive contains modified files only. The correct way how to get full functionality:
1. Download and install latest full version
2. Replace existing files with content of archive

Tip: If you want to speed up start and you don't use FTPS connection, delete files libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll in the root of PSPad.

Changes to 4.5.8 (2512)

News
FTP panel - new quick search field

Fixes:
Cobol code explorer - missing COPY line if there was a code before COPY
PHP with continue comment function adds unwanted spaces

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2014-10-26 03:00 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the new build, seems to have fixed the auto-run clip, and I can use it to run on Space, exactly what I needed.

I think I discovered a bug for a new feature which was added in recent builds, in the External Applications, there is a "Save all files before external application starts", which is a nice addition, but it might not work properly. For example, I open a file, modify it, it shows red mark on the tab to show it's modified, then I run an external application from the menu but it doesn't seem to save the file, the tab still shows red as file not being saved, and the external application receives a temporary file name to process, like f7007765.p instead of real file name. After that, if I switch window to another application then back to PSpad it asks me if I want to reload the file as the contents on disk were changed, and if I say yes, it loads the file without changes, the old version, and if I say no, and try to close the file it asks me to save it first, and further more if I use Ctrl-Z to undo my change it undoes them all, but the file still stays marked as changed, and if I try to close it again it asks me to save it.
Please let me know if I'm doing someting wrong or it's a bug.

Thanks,
Cristian

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-26 11:45 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I checked it with current version and all works for me. I setup external application (notepad.exe to open current file)
I open any file, modify it and call external application
Red edge on file tab disappeared, current file was sent to Notepad, not it's temporary copy.

Please note, that project has higher priority that highlighter settings. It means if you use project, you should set it in project settings.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2014-10-26 16:24 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I do use Projects, but I thought that if you didn't have External Applications defined in a Project, then the ones defined in the Highlighter were used, which they sort of were, as I could see them in the menu and run them, just the "Save all files" was not considered for some reason.
I can define the External Apps in each Project, though they really apply to all projects in my case, but I can leave with that smiling smiley
Thanks again for this great editor.

Edit: I just realizt that the "Save all files" is not linked to each External App, but it is a generic setting, so I don't have to define all my external apps in all my projects, I can still keep them defined in the Highlighter Settings, but set the "Save all files" in the Project. I have to keep that in mind for each Project.

Thank you,
Cristian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 16:27 by mce.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-10-26 17:09 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan,

I'm working with my own formates in PhpCBCFG.ini. I think this file should not exist in an update version.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2014-10-26 17:51 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
I'm working with my own formates in PhpCBCFG.ini. I think this file should not exist in an update version.

I think different - at least if there are changes in the file from the last full version, the file should be in - as there is no installer you have to backup the files on your own and diff in/out what you may want. It's possible there was a change to the file and you want to take this change into your own file.

human

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-26 17:51 by human.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-10-26 19:31 | IP: IP Logged

Don't define external applications, but check save files in project settings. It should be enough. I will try to tune up settings to have more sense

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2014-10-26 20:11 | IP: IP Logged

human:
...at least if there are changes in the file from the last full version... It's possible there was a change to the file and you want to take this change into your own file...

That's another story, if a core file changes of course I like the new one in an update. But this way I unnecessarily have to open it and diff for changes. Unchanged core files aren't necessary and confusing in an update.

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2014-10-26 21:58 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, thanks, I did that.

I was wondering if in a future version would be possible to have a setting for selecting if auto-run clips is executed or not when inside comments or quoted strings. The reason is that I use Space to auto-run clips, as mentioned before, so when I write comments or quoted strings and use some of the clips keywords (like if, for) then on Space it auto-runs the clips, but I don't want to run it if inside comment or quoted string.
It's a small improvement that will make PSpad even better, in my opinion.

Thank you,
Cristian

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.9 (2513) English

Posted by: PascalR | Date: 2014-10-27 09:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

all Cobol copies are recognized now. Thanks for the fast fix!

Regards
Pascal

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR