You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: Lwangaman | Date: 2012-11-20 11:33 | IP: IP Logged

Suggestion for upcoming versions: have the ftp connection send a NOOP every so often to keep the connection alive. It is very annoying that you will be looking at a directory listing that you can't interact with after 30 seconds or so of inactivity...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-11-21 09:10 | IP: IP Logged

In PSPad FTP connection settings you can set command (include mix of command) and interval.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: mjuchno | Date: 2012-11-21 09:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I have a problem with numbered bookmarks.
When assigning a new one (with either Shift+Ctrl+Number or RMB) one (or few) of the previously assigned sometimes disappear.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-11-21 10:43 | IP: IP Logged

Why do you write new problem as reaction of totally different one?

There can be only one numbered bookmark with e.g. number 1. When you create bookmark 1 on different place, bookmark is moved there.

Another possible reason of your problem. Shift+Ctrl+1 creates/removes bookmark 1. When you will press Shift+Ctrl+1 first time, it will create bookmark 1, second press removes it.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: Fred38 | Date: 2012-12-14 13:13 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

when will you publish the next stable version ?

Out of the dev topics, it is still 'PSPad: 4.5.6 (2427) - 11.11.2011'

Thanks

--
Frederic
French user of Pspad in Isere

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-01-10 15:36 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

Is there any thing that any of us can do to help you maintain or improve PSPad? I can't answer for others but for me, PSPad is a very integral part of my work. There's no other editor out there that is at once so versatile and yet so intuitive and easy to use.

I recently set up a new computer (got it for Christmas) with Kubuntu Linux and, on a blogged recommendation, tried out Kate. Although it was supposed to be "similar to PSPad", I just wound up being totally frustrated with it angry smiley. Although I'm having trouble getting PSPad to run under WINE, I will do it - PSPad is a must-have for me.

You really have created something special with PSPad. Although I have not yet done so, I will soon be making a donation grinning smiley to help you out and I would encourage others to do the same, even if they've donated before. As the saying goes, it's "time to put our money where our mouth is" so that Jan can do the work and keep PSPad viable.

Jan, please also keep in mind that there are a lot of coders who use PSPad and would be happy to assist in maintaining the code or helping out with problems you may be having.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: miki | Date: 2013-01-10 16:08 | IP: IP Logged

Shadeclan:

Touché!

Down side is that SynEdit nor it's enhanced fork LetterPress looks not in development any more, so there's pretty much no chance for PSPad to ever get code folding or other useful features in the future... sad smiley

Months ago I found Scintilla and AvalonEdit to rework PSPad for .NET as open source, but is's HUGE! Tons and tons of features. And I don't think It's a good idea either, but I'm worried there is some big problem in PSPad development and Mr. Fiala stated couple times he's not going to release PSPad's source code.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2013-01-10 17:34 | IP: IP Logged

miki:
Down side is that SynEdit nor it's enhanced fork LetterPress looks not in development any more, so there's pretty much no chance for PSPad to ever get code folding or other useful features in the future... sad smiley

Months ago I found Scintilla and AvalonEdit to rework PSPad for .NET as open source, but is's HUGE! Tons and tons of features. And I don't think It's a good idea either, but I'm worried there is some big problem in PSPad development and Mr. Fiala stated couple times he's not going to release PSPad's source code.

With the code explorer window, I can do without code-folding - in fact, I think it's a better approach: you still see all of your code but, at the same time, you can jump to any important position in your code that you want. I don't really like code-folding all that much, anyway - out of sight, out of mind; too easy to miss or forget things in large code sections.

I don't remember what PSPad is coded in but I don't think that PSPad should be redone as a .Net app, either. While many people think that Microsoft IDEs are the best in the business, you don't want to tie PSPad to any one technology or operating system. Better to code it in a more versatile and widely accepted language like Python or some version of C - I hesitate to recommend Java because it has performance issues, especially on older machines.

Jan has also said to me that he has no intention of releasing the code but things change. He hasn't released a new beta since last August - maybe he's in a bind right now and is more willing to accept help. It can't hurt to offer.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: zforray | Date: 2013-01-10 17:57 | IP: IP Logged

I have a problem with Find / Count. I have a large file (220K lines) with entries like this:

12/11/2012 05:08:22 Directory--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\.etc [Sent]
12/11/2012 05:08:22 Directory--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\Apps [Sent]
12/11/2012 05:08:22 Directory--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\VCUL [Sent]
12/11/2012 05:08:22 Normal File--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\.etc\rpt_file [Sent]
12/11/2012 05:08:22 Normal File--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\.etc\rpt_file.InProgress [Sent]
12/11/2012 05:08:22 Normal File--> 0 \\library.uc.adp.vcu.edu\libraryadmin\.etc\rpt_file.sids [Sent]

I want to count the number of entries/lines with [Sent] in each line.

So, I bring up the FIND panel, put [Sent] (including the brackets since it is unique) and click on the COUNT button.

First tried this with 2447. A bunch of [] started appearing on the bottom half of the screen and the "hourglass" kicked in. After 10-minutes, I had to task-manager kill it.

Decided to install and try with 2449. Similar problem except the screen is in a constant scroll as it "counts" each line. Current is non-responsive (can't switch to it) so I will have to kill it, again.

Windows 7 x64

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.7 (2449) English

Posted by: miki | Date: 2013-01-10 18:02 | IP: IP Logged

Large searches aren't PSPad's cup of tea, for this purpose I recommend gVim (graphical Vim, for Win as well). It searches trhu large files incredibly fast. I'm not fan of Vim, but this is great.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR