You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-11-11 00:05 | IP: IP Logged

New full release is available. Download it from:
www.pspad.com

Please be patient, some mirrors can't be available yet

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: massimobalestra | Date: 2011-11-11 17:01 | IP: IP Logged

Be careful when you install it.

I installed this full version and all my settings and history disappeared.

I tried to restore the settings I was used to (for example I changed a couple of key shortcuts) but closing the editor and restarting my settings were gone again.

I run it as administrator and I was able to save my settings and now everything seems ok. Also my open file history is back.

So be careful, after the installation you have to run it as administrator and restore the settings (maybe there is a way to make a backup before the installation).

I am on windows 7 64 bit.

It is not a big problem, a little work on the installation is worth for using this great editor.

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-11-11 17:23 | IP: IP Logged

You have to read what you are clicking.

I guess, you install PSpad as portable version into Program Files.
You can reinstall it with propper settings or run PSPad as administrator (right mouse), then go to Program settings / System
and check multiuser environment

PSpad doesn't delete any settings.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-11-14 15:34 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
FYI - if you use the full installer and de-select languages the installer still copies in the language.ini files. Then in program settings all languages show with ? marks.
Pete

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-11-14 15:47 | IP: IP Logged

PGomersall:
Jan,
FYI - if you use the full installer and de-select languages the installer still copies in the language.ini files. Then in program settings all languages show with ? marks.
Pete

I can't confirm it. I tested it right now from english installer and in LANG subfolder was only English (can't be removed) and one other language I selected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-14 15:47 by pspad.

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-11-14 16:18 | IP: IP Logged

Jan - maybe this was because I ran intaller on systems that had the updated developer builds (no language ini's except english though). I also choose a non-default folder name \PSPad rather than "PSPad Editor".
Pete

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: Ilya | Date: 2011-11-15 06:05 | IP: IP Logged

PGomersall:
Jan - maybe this was because I ran intaller on systems that had the updated developer builds (no language ini's except english though). I also choose a non-default folder name \PSPad rather than "PSPad Editor".
Pete

I have the same situation.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: tony72 | Date: 2011-11-25 10:38 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the new build, great to see pspad still being developed.

There seems to be a massive bug in the c language syntax however; functions declared with more than one keyword before the function name do not show up in the code explorer. E.g.

unsigned char selftest(){} // won't show up
char selftest(){} // will show up
bool EXPORTCALL GetDeviceMAC(){} // won't show up
bool GetDeviceMAC(){} // will show up

Since these are obviously perfectly legitimate c constructs, that's a pretty serious bug, as it makes the code explorer pretty much useless for c.

This bug has been in several builds, I don't know when it started, but it was definitely not there in 4.5.4.2356 (still my favourite build).

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.6 (2427) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-11-27 12:10 | IP: IP Logged

tony72:
Thanks for the new build, great to see pspad still being developed.

There seems to be a massive bug in the c language syntax however; functions declared with more than one keyword before the function name do not show up in the code explorer. E.g.

unsigned char selftest(){} // won't show up
char selftest(){} // will show up
bool EXPORTCALL GetDeviceMAC(){} // won't show up
bool GetDeviceMAC(){} // will show up

Since these are obviously perfectly legitimate c constructs, that's a pretty serious bug, as it makes the code explorer pretty much useless for c.

This bug has been in several builds, I don't know when it started, but it was definitely not there in 4.5.4.2356 (still my favourite build).

Will be fixed in next build

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR