You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#41 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2011-03-07 08:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I believe, the TC settings were removed (apart from some not intended leftovers)
forum.pspad.com

The mentioned temp files might have been used for testing the monitoring of file changes, but I don't see it in my version (win XPp, PSPad 4.5.5; 2415). Are there still newly created with the recent version?

For color tabs, you have a (curently not translated) option in Highlighters settings: "Barva zalozky" (= Tab colour), which you can asign to distinguish between different file types (based on the highlighter used).

Regards
vbr

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#42 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: menet | Date: 2011-03-07 18:19 | IP: IP Logged

The TC settings were removed : OK
But the grayed line Editor pro Total Commader is always there in Program settings...>System integration sad smiley

I have deleted the PSPad_log.txt then opened a file with PSPAD then Edited it and modified with Notepad and saved it. PSPAD warn me that the file was updated, I accept that and then looking in the temp directory the file is recreated (with 2415 version).

> "For color tabs, you have a (curently not translated) option in Highlighters settings: "Barva zalozky" (= Tab colour)"
How do you go to find the Highlighters settings and find "Barva zalozky" ?
EDIT : SORRY I have found it under Settings Menu > Highlighters settings... sad smiley
But how to have a current tab of a unique different color for all the file types ?

Best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-07 18:30 by menet.

#43 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2011-03-07 19:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
ok, Jan will certainly be able to clarify, if needed.
I am not sure about the temporary timestamp, it might be not a leftover from testing but a part of the functionality, which is used only for this kind of concurent access to edited files.

The coloured tabs cannot differentiate the files of the same type using different colours.
The tab colors are based on the rules for highlighter assignment (i.e. file masks).
E.g. html, css, js and php can be distinguished (of course, unless the multihighlighter is used, which can't work this way).

hth,
vbr

#44 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: kiendlm | Date: 2011-03-07 20:42 | IP: IP Logged

menet:
I don't know if there is a relation but why in Program settings...>System integration, there is a grayed line : Editor pro Total Commader ?
Note that there is a mistake, a "n" is missing in Commander word. grinning smiley

Have you ever looked into the online help for the System integration settings dialog (Click on the question mark in the caption bar and then on any option field in the dialog and the help will appear)? I quote:

PSPad Help File:
Editor for Total Commander

Sets PSPad as default editor for Total Commander. Note: If TotalCommander is running, this option is disabled! You must have TotalCommander shareware installed for this option to function.

Quotation end.

In other words, this option has been intendedly left in the settings dialog, and it is actually working. Close the TotalCommander before opening the settings dialog, and you will be able to change this option.

The typos you have noticed are in the translation files, not in the EXE file, so you can correct them by yourself if they bother you.

Regards

#45 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: hamasaki | Date: 2011-03-08 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
hamasaki:
In CSS files, double clicking hex codes values also highlights the # part of the value. Before it only highlighted the number as it still does with other files.

This a bug or something I`ve missed in the settings?

h

It was made by user wish. It's something you can't live with?
It was described in build changes list.

Ah yes I see that now, sorry. Can it be enabled/disabled in settings? Its very annoying for me as I`ve been used to it without for so long.

#46 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: menet | Date: 2011-03-08 19:15 | IP: IP Logged

kiendlm:
Have you ever looked into the online help for the System integration settings dialog (Click on the question mark in the caption bar and then on any option field in the dialog and the help will appear)?

Thanks for the information, sorry to have not looked in the help before.
I use already PSPAD like default editor in Total Commander and I have set it in TC. The option in PSPAD is not really usefull because it can't be set with TC running and for me it is always the case. tongue sticking out smiley

Note that there is a mistake, a "n" is missing in Commander word. grinning smiley

kiendlm:
The typos you have noticed are in the translation files, not in the EXE file, so you can correct them by yourself if they bother you.

You are not right. The typo is inside the PSPAD.exe file.
And inside the translation files, the 2 lines for Total Commander were deleted (in English, French and other languages) since few beta releases. I have made a question about that just before.

Like the translation is deleted, does the option will desapear from PSPAD options ? smoking smiley

And about the PSPad_log.txt file under temp temporary directory, will it be corrected ?

Regards. winking smiley

#47 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-09 04:12 | IP: IP Logged

In my opinion this discussion is obsolete.
The option will be removed - I forgot to remove it.

Same as I forgot to remove timestamp logging.

#48 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: tionescu | Date: 2011-03-09 13:36 | IP: IP Logged

Is there a fix / workaround for the following issue?

in the Code Explorer in case of a C++ (.cpp) file the constructor and destructor names does not appear with entire name but only the final letter.

For example,
CTsmVssWriterThread::CTsmVssWriterThread() appears in the Code Explorer as "d()"
CTsmVssWriterThread::~CTsmVssWriterThread() appears as "d()"

NOTE: i am using latest dev build 2415 that i copied over the PsPad directory.

#49 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: molinarm | Date: 2011-03-09 16:32 | IP: IP Logged

Since beta 2411, I am observing the following problem with C/C++ Code Explorer.
The Function List now displays, for each function, only the last character of the name.
In beta 2405, it displayed the whole name.
The problem seems to be not related to the file size or complexity: I observed it with a little file (2K), with just one function inside.
Anyway, it seems to be so systematic that I wonder whether there may be something wrong in my configuration. I tried to delete the .ini file in PSPad directory and re-launch the application, this took away all my configurations, but the problem with Code Explorer is still present.
Any ideas/suggestions?
Mario

#50 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: PGomersall | Date: 2011-03-10 15:47 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,
I have found a possible issue with the close\minimize to tray icon feature.
You open file A in folder B. You then close file A and "close" PSPad to tray icon - PSPad still has handle on folder B - you cannot delete folder B until you exit PSPad.
I hope this is not by design and that there is a work around?
Pete

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR