You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-01 12:38 | IP: IP Logged

tyzio:
Thanks for new version. It's awesomesmiling smiley
I'm using PSPath for TCL/TK and I'd like to make it as much TCL friendly as possible.
I start to use the newest beta version of TCL/TK with PSPad and I missed some keywords.
Could you add them to the distribution? Here you have the list:
try apply dict chan lassign unload zlib throw lreverse next my superclass self

Next things:
1. TCL codeBrowser and Variables section. In my opinion is useless and slow down processing of the file. In TCL you can set/unset many variables and seeing them in codeBrowser dosn't speed up coding. I'm voting to remove variable section, if it's possible

2. codeBrowser fo objects. I see the methods are processing but class not. Bellow you can find example. Please note that you can use oo::class or class directly:

3. Variable highlighter problem: when minus(-) is before variable char $, the variable is not highlighed. Please examinate follow example:
set a -$t ;# $t is not highlighted
set a +$t ;# everything is OK

I will add missing keywords

1. removed

2. I don't see any difference in your example in definition both classes

3. I will fix it

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: tyzio | Date: 2011-03-01 14:06 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
tyzio:
Thanks for new version. It's awesomesmiling smiley
I'm using PSPath for TCL/TK and I'd like to make it as much TCL friendly as possible.
I start to use the newest beta version of TCL/TK with PSPad and I missed some keywords.
Could you add them to the distribution? Here you have the list:
try apply dict chan lassign unload zlib throw lreverse next my superclass self

Next things:
1. TCL codeBrowser and Variables section. In my opinion is useless and slow down processing of the file. In TCL you can set/unset many variables and seeing them in codeBrowser dosn't speed up coding. I'm voting to remove variable section, if it's possible

2. codeBrowser fo objects. I see the methods are processing but class not. Bellow you can find example. Please note that you can use oo::class or class directly:

3. Variable highlighter problem: when minus(-) is before variable char $, the variable is not highlighed. Please examinate follow example:
set a -$t ;# $t is not highlighted
set a +$t ;# everything is OK

I will add missing keywords

1. removed

2. I don't see any difference in your example in definition both classes

3. I will fix it

Thanks for the feedback and corrections.
Regarding point 2, my mistake, they are the same. Bellow correct one:

class create fruit {
method eat {} {
puts "yummy!"
}
}
oo::class create banana {
superclass fruit
constructor {} {
my variable peeled
set peeled 0
}
method peel {} {
my variable peeled
set peeled 1
puts "skin now off"
}
}

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-03-01 15:21 | IP: IP Logged

Wow! A lot of "fixed/will fix".

Quote:
2. you can open any file from source - select it and use right mouse - open file apointed by selection

I see, works fine with includes in C/C++.

I've to feature requests for this:
1 Try to open the file from different places
1a From the place of the current source (as I assume it is done now)
1b If the file was not found look in the current Project if there's a file with the same name.

2 For COBOL: As wrote before there are several ways of defining a COPY statement. Most sources I've seen look like thisCOPY SOMECOP.COBOL compilers now search if there is a file "SOMECOP.CBL", if it's not found they search for "SOMECOP.CPY" and if that isn't found look for "SOMECOP" (without file extension). When calling a sub program you have something likeCALL 'SUBMOD' END-CALLand the source file will be called SUBMOD.CBL or SUBMOD.COB or SUBMOD (as you don't have a binary called somthing like SUBMOD.CBL.DLL you cannot add the source file extension here). It would be really nice if PSPad would use the file masks in "Higlighter Settings"->COBOL for knowing what file extension should be added when this nice function is called. (Therefore call the function for 1 multiple times with the file masks used).

Thank you for the clip file with the keywords, but if I use CTRL+SPACE in COBOL I see nothing. I can edit/view the file from Settings->Edit clip definition file.
Any idea what's wrong? Does it work on your system?

4.3 Step-By-Step
0 Open PSPad and a Windows Explorer window
1 Set AC delay to 2000ms
2 create a new cpp file with the code#include <one.h>
#i

3 put the cursor after #i
4 type n
5 switch to the open Window Explorer window
6 wait 2000ms and you see the AC popup

I guess PSPad uses timers for the AC delay.
If PSPad has lost the focus or any menu item/function key (like CTRL/ALT, F1-F24) or scrolling (via mouse wheel or cursor keys or page-up/-down keys) was used, the timer has to be destroyed.

human

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: papi | Date: 2011-03-01 15:29 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I like the coloured file tabs. And the marker for the active tab is also nice. Only suggestion is - especially since the active tab marker could be hardly identified when you have more colured tabs there - to mark the active tab with bold characters too in the file name.

Thank you!

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-01 18:35 | IP: IP Logged

papi:
Hi,

I like the coloured file tabs. And the marker for the active tab is also nice. Only suggestion is - especially since the active tab marker could be hardly identified when you have more colured tabs there - to mark the active tab with bold characters too in the file name.

Thank you!

Bold font means change tab size and reorder all tabs always when you will change tabs.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-01 18:39 | IP: IP Logged

tyzio:
Regarding point 2, my mistake, they are the same. Bellow correct one:

class create fruit {
method eat {} {
puts "yummy!"
}
}
oo::class create banana {
superclass fruit
constructor {} {
my variable peeled
set peeled 0
}
method peel {} {
my variable peeled
set peeled 1
puts "skin now off"
}
}

It's common to have both classes declaration in one file?
I looki for my examples and found class file, where usually is Class definition and One class per file and some library file where class used second way.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2011-03-01 20:14 | IP: IP Logged

No worries Jan -- my Czechoslovakian is just a bit rusty winking smiley

Wondering if this would be difficult/easy to implement: Before assigning any color to a highlighter, the current tab uses a gradient color (blue-to-nearly-white in my case - as show below). The border of the button (right/left/top edges) are also a shade of blue:

Can the coloring on tabs use this gradient technique?

For reference, the color gradient in the above image starts with RGB(178,224,249) at the tab's bottom edge to RGB(234,246,253) at the tab's top edge. White at the top of the tab would likely look very similar.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-03-01 21:38 | IP: IP Logged

hankejh:

It can, but it's another thing what will slow down application. Instead fill rectangle I need to paint gradient...

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-03-01 21:42 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
hankejh:

It can, but it's another thing what will slow down application. Instead fill rectangle I need to paint gradient...

Sounds like a good thing for a new program setting (turned of by default).

human

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2415) English

Posted by: myf | Date: 2011-03-02 08:47 | IP: IP Logged

Eye-candy and text editor. Please, never ever mix those two things together. Nowadays there are terabytes and teraflops spent on handling gradient backgrounds that are in most cases useless, annoying and ugly. Do not participate, please.

Moreover, PSPad now works quite well with inverse system colour schemes. I am not sure it would be even possible to use gradient backgrounds in a way that will work in every colour environment.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR