You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2011-02-20 04:49 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
clanman:
Hi Jan

I do like the improvements in this version.

For some time now I have been having intermittent success with the highlighting of the line of code which the VBScript engine reported back as being wrong (log parser).

Sometimes the line is highlighted but mostly it is not. The string I have in the log parser field is %F(%L, %C)%E.

I need to see the error log line.

Ok. Will post when it happens next.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-02-20 07:00 | IP: IP Logged

francheu:
Hi Jan,
The auto-complete is now more functional, thanks !
But I still have some improvement to propose grinning smiley :
- the auto-complete proposes numbers... is it possible to limit the list to keywords and words written in the file ?
- there is still the AC window shown when navigating, is it possible to made it appear only after a character has been typed, and not after using the arrows ?

It offer you words from user highlighter + words from document.

It should appear after you press char only. can you give me example when it appears when you press arrow?

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-21 11:41 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
[...]
It should appear after you press char only. can you give me example when it appears when you press arrow?

I've only tested 2411 and this could happen there as I've explained before: start typing (I guess this starts the delay timer), then press the arrow up/down (somewhere within a word) and the AC pops up for the new word. The "mistake" is, that the AC timer should stop when arrow keys or function keys are pressed.

human

BTW: Can you please explain what exactly has changed in AC behaviour / C++ code explorer? Thank you!

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-22 13:59 | IP: IP Logged

I've just had a short look at 2412:
- AC: It doesn't offer words from the COBOL highlighter (when COBOL is the active highlighter, of course).
- "Create new file" (COBOL): the indentation is wrong, each line needs six additional spaces in the beginning. Is there a way to change the template for "Create new file"?
Everything else in AC that was reported in #55808 is still the same.

What changes were done in AC behaviour for 2412?

human

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-02-22 18:16 | IP: IP Logged

You can change file .\Templates\Default.cbl

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-23 11:18 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for this information. Here is the changed Default.cbl for including in later releases (use quote for getting the right indentation)

* ============================================================= */
* */
* COBOLname.cbl */
* (c) 2008 Author Ronaldo Ottoni */ */
* Description */
* */
* ============================================================= */
* Descri‡Æo do Programa
Identification Division.
Program-Id. NOME DO PROGRAMA.
Author. NOME DO PROGRAMADOR.
Environment Division.
Configuration Section.
Special-Names. Decimal-Point is comma.
Input-Output Section.
File-Control.
* Arquivos de SELECT ou Copy | *.sl |*.sel | *.cpy

Data Division.
File Section.
* Arquivos de FD ou Copy | *.fd |*.cpy

Working-Storage Section.
* Vari veis de Mem¢ria

Screen section.
* Se‡Æo para desenho de telas

Procedure Division.
* Corpo do Programa

END PROGRAM NOME DO PROGRAMA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-23 11:18 by human.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: human | Date: 2011-02-23 19:14 | IP: IP Logged

(the Default.cbl without leading spaces comes from the installer version, maybe it would be a good idea to put the template into the betas, too [if there are changed ones, the newest template in installer/cab is from 2008-08-22])

Some thing's I've recognized when looking for that information:
- The 7zip website linked in every beta thread is not correct. The official site is www.7-zip.org
- The license agreement says Copyright 2002-2004 (I think it should be 2009 for the official version)
- The about window in PSPad is wrong in displaying the Copyright year from the system time, as the Copyright is depending on the code base (which is still 2009 for the installer - and the betas have the same behaviour)

BTW: PSPad is really nice and the AC feature boosts it again.

human

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2411) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2011-02-27 19:20 | IP: IP Logged

human:
Questions to auto completion:
Q1 Where can the delay be set?
Q2 Is there some shortcut to show the auto completion?

Results from a first short test:
1. Auto completion
1.1 Doesn't occur too often like before (some little tweaking maybe needed).
1.2 AC still occurs on scrolling / after mouse move if a char is entered and afterwards one starts scrolling / moves the mouse (and the delay is over).
1.3 Please add all keywords from current syntax highlighting to the auto-completion list.
2. COBOL problems
2.1 Using Format->Add/Remove Comment sets * in column 1, but should be column 7
2.2 Sometimes a line is highlighted as a comment on scrolling - I need to investigate that further.
2.3 Syntax highlighting and Code-Explorer stuff: Here again the sample I brought up before. Every "COBOL-only" comment starts with "*>", every comment that says something about PSPAD start with "* ". The things that are fixed in 2410 are removed. (Click the Quote link for this post to get the right indentation).

First. I am not cobol programmer. If you told me that division is wrong, I don't know what about you are talking. I don't know COBOL, I don't understand COBOL source structure. If you need from me to change something. please talk to me as I was blonde. smiling smiley

1.2 - please can you write me some step by step?

1.3 - add keywords you want to have in autocomplete into [keywords] section of cobol code clips template. Then all will appear in autocomplete list.

I will try fix all I will understand from your comments. Rest we will fix in next steps.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR