You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-27 19:34 | IP: IP Logged

vcarlsonn:
Hi!
please add in the menu "File - Open Special/Recent item" to open "all Recent files"

What for is it?
If you need it, open New file dialog (Ctrl+N), switch to recent files, select all and confirm OK.

PSpad supports sessions, PSPad supports projects, PSPad supports auto save and restore last open files.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: papi | Date: 2010-05-28 09:25 | IP: IP Logged

Some weeks ago i read here about a good suggestion: to add a point to the settings, to cut the spaces at the end of the lines when saving a file. Would it be possible? I know it is possible from the menu, but would be much more copmfortable to do it automatically. I thought also about to write a script for this, but with that i can not skip the config dialog (where it asks which spaces to delete).
Thank you!

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2010-05-28 20:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,
Great work on the latest release as usual, but our programmers are having difficulty using the status bar showing the number of characters before the cursor because the indentation of our source code is based on the number of columns, then chose using the previous release, you can create a parameter to optionally have the same behavior as previous releases?

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-28 20:28 by sandrosilveira.

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: MichalKarlik | Date: 2010-05-29 04:47 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I am "responsible" for this change. The problem was that number of characters on rule was different (+1 or -1) from value from status bar. I recommend same value.

Sincerely,

Michal Karlik

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-30 16:16 | IP: IP Logged

holger:
First, I'm using XP Prof:
I agree the tabs of open file in PSPad are switching to the foreground, if I open another file about a external process (f.e.: doubleclick in Explorer on a registered file).
When I activate the last opened file, cascade the editorwindows of files in PSPad, and open then another file, the new file is in foreground (correct).
When I close that file the first file is activated (not the last which was before activated).

Please fix this!

Another request I made for that message when I delete a file and try to open another one!
I don't need that!

Reason:
For debugging it's often useful to rename a file for me to try again. Often that file is opened in PSPad, because I want to analyse it and edit it again.
In this case, I have no chance to open other files, only about disabling the whole filechecking (not wanted to!).
Please make it optional!

These 2 bugs (they are for me) came with Build 2386!

Thanks in advance!

Both requests will be fixed in the new build

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-05-30 16:27 | IP: IP Logged

Xantier:
Maximized main window state still is not saved. I want it to always start maximized. Although Autosave main window position is enabled in options it is disabled by next restart. It works fine with another installation. I don't know why.

edit: I think I have resolved the issue by deleting the following lines from the ini file:

Width=547
Height=373
Top=339
Left=184
Maximized=1
ChildMaximized=1

Your INi was OK. I tried simulate it. I found problem of disabled item in menu when no file was open, but my PSpad open Maximized when I let it maximized before.

Save Window position is reset by changing item in program settings / Program 2:
[x]Autosave main window position

The difference:
Autosave main window position restore PSpad to last used position when you close it.
Save main window position saves position an always restore PSpad in the state you save it independent of position when you close it.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: vcarlsonn | Date: 2010-06-10 09:28 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
vcarlsonn:
Hi!
please add in the menu "File - Open Special/Recent item" to open "all Recent files"

What for is it?
If you need it, open New file dialog (Ctrl+N), switch to recent files, select all and confirm OK.

PSpad supports sessions, PSPad supports projects, PSPad supports auto save and restore last open files.

It's all very well that there are so many possibilities, but if you close pspad, then I can open files stored in advance in the session manager, but I can not open those files that have been opened since. Then I have a proposal to issue a request to save a session, or add just one line, as I asked a few posts above. I think that it is not very difficult smiling smiley

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2389) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-06-15 11:22 | IP: IP Logged

Program settings / Files
save work / Desktop - set to All open files

This will automatically restore all previously open files

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR