You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-09-21 14:48 | IP: IP Logged

bugs:
- if you select a automatically backup interval f.e. 1 minute it does the following:
1) opening a file on ftp overwrites the file in the temporary ftp folder (correct, as usual)
2) after the interval:
a) pspad adds the downloaded file without my changes to the backup folder (wrong)
b) pspad uploads the unsaved and changed file to the ftp server and overwrites the ftp temp dir (wrong)
3) if i save my changes, the file is uploaded and is saved to the ftp temp and backup dir (correct).

2a) is wrong because there is no real backup during work. the file is old and if the pc/pspad crashes my changes are lost.

2b) is wrong because an unfinished file will return in 99% of all cases an error on our website. Autobackup should not upload to ftp and not overwrite the original file in the ftp temp dir.

- the ftp clients looses after x seconds the connection. that is ok, but if I:
a) open a file it returns an error signal
b) go to an upper folder it will open the root
c) press refresh it returns an empty file list

- if i'm using the tab "ftp" and after that i want to add a new project with the menu (project -> new project), the tab doesn't change to project as expected.

- the "select-feature" is wrong:
<?php
// selects "$foo":
$foo = 'bar';
// selects "foo":
?>
<?= $foo ?>

i wish to have "foo" ;)

still nice to have
- open big files (f.e. if file is > 5 mb it is opened partially)
- rename by click on a selected file (windows style)
- if search is empty, it should be opened by F3 (run pspad, open a file and directly after that press F3 and nothing happens)
- build in multiline search
- combine search / search & replace / search in files

still donate 200,- eur on that
- down- / upload images, zips and other files
- backup: please allow a windows variables (%DATE%, %TIME%, etc.) as foldername, so it is possible to backup by date. f.e. backup/example.com/2009-06-22/index.php or add a similar function

donate 50,- eur on that
- forum.pspad.com

donate 50,- eur on that
- quick typein for html-codes with hint. so if i write "&t" a dropdown shows "&theta; => θ", "&thorn; => þ", "&times; => ×", etc. With the arrow keys it is possible to select a specific one. (writing "&" shows all possible html codes). if a html code is selected the input is completed (without the hint). the html codes are show in html sections only. (after ?> or in html documents).

donate 50,- eur on that
- quick typein for php functions with hint. so if i write "is_" a dropdown shows "is_array() => bool is_array ( mixed $var )", "is_binary() => bool is_binary ( mixed $var )", "is_bool() => bool is_bool ( mixed $var )", etc. With the arrow keys it is possible to select a specific one (maybe a minimum character input makes sense). if a php function is selected the input is completed (without the hint) and the cursor jumps between the brackets. adding a short description to the hint would be nice, too. f.e. "is_array() => bool is_array ( mixed $var ) - Finds whether the given variable is an array." the php functions are show in php sections only (between <? and ?>).

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: Shimmy | Date: 2009-09-22 07:47 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
donate 50,- eur on that
- quick typein for php functions with hint. so if i write "is_" a dropdown shows "is_array() => bool is_array ( mixed $var )", "is_binary() => bool is_binary ( mixed $var )", "is_bool() => bool is_bool ( mixed $var )", etc. With the arrow keys it is possible to select a specific one (maybe a minimum character input makes sense). if a php function is selected the input is completed (without the hint) and the cursor jumps between the brackets. adding a short description to the hint would be nice, too. f.e. "is_array() => bool is_array ( mixed $var ) - Finds whether the given variable is an array." the php functions are show in php sections only (between <? and ?>).

That actually works already -> just press ctrl+space after having entered a few characters of your function

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2009-09-22 14:49 | IP: IP Logged

He wants the auto complete to pop up automatically after x number of characters without him having to hit Ctrl + Space or Ctrl + J.

--
Carbonize

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-09-23 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

Shimmy:
mgutt:
donate 50,- eur on that

That actually works already -> just press ctrl+space after having entered a few characters of your function

This doesn't help, because:
1. I have to use ctrl + space
An optional setting would be the best. Auto or manual.

2. It returns "is_array(mixed var)"
The part "mixed var" of 2. is unnecessary. I need to delete it. This doesn't make sense as this feature has the sense to help and not to add characters I need to delete afterwards. If you add strpos it returns:
strpos(string haystack, string needle, [int offset])

who wants to delete so much chars? :P

3. The box is to small. It is not possible to read the whole description. I think it needs to be realized with linebreaks. And the hints have to change to:
strpos(string haystack, string needle, [int offset]) => description. but "strpos()" is the only string that will be returned.

Maybe it would be the best, if it shows the following:
strpos(string haystack, string needle, [int offset]) => php.net

And php.net is linked to the function description.

regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-23 09:49 by mgutt.

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-09-23 09:13 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
donate 50,- eur on that - forum.pspad.com

I raise my offer to 100,- EUR as I'm having many customers and its horrible to switch between ftp software and pspad.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-09-23 09:54 | IP: IP Logged

I have donated the first 100,- EUR. Maybe this is a motivation and shows that my statement is serious ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-23 09:56 by mgutt.

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2009-09-23 14:45 | IP: IP Logged

This is a cool feature, but I'd prefer that it be entirely optional.

I rather like the existing implementation and do not want an auto completion box appearing while I'm typing unless I explicitly request it using CTRL-Space -- and I prefer the complete "code clip" over the trimmed down variety.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2009-09-23 16:51 | IP: IP Logged

next bug found
If you set a backup with an interval of 1 (for 1 minute) and afterwards you deactive the backup, but leave the interval to 1 the backup still runs (with the above errors).

hankejh:
and I prefer the complete "code clip" over the trimmed down variety.

Why? If this would be part of the hint text, you don't need it.

hankejh:
This is a cool feature, but I'd prefer that it be entirely optional.

Yes this would be fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-23 16:51 by mgutt.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2009-09-23 17:09 | IP: IP Logged

hankejh:
and I prefer the complete "code clip" over the trimmed down variety.
mgutt:
Why? If this would be part of the hint text, you don't need it.

Because I like it the way it is (full code clip, not trimmed to this new specification).

It's worth noting that if you want to personalize your code clip library, you can edit it to your liking and distribute it in a forum post for anyone interested. The PHP.DEF file is located in $pspadeditorfolder/Context/PHP.DEF

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.5 (2357) English

Posted by: carbonize | Date: 2009-09-23 17:39 | IP: IP Logged

@mgutt try Ctrl + J instead of Ctrl + Space. Ctrl + Space = function complete and Ctrl + Space = function complete with attribute descriptions.

--
Carbonize

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR