You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-05-14 20:19 | IP: IP Logged

zwayne:
Are the word wrap crashes EVER going to be addressed?

I'll stand by my post forum.pspad.com: there is no mention in the Unicode SynEdit bug tracker for any word wrap crashing problem. Unicode Synedit, btw, hasn't been updated since March 2007.

SO, has any priority been placed towards resolving this serious problem?

See synedit CVS repository or this page:
mh-nexus.de

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: zwayne | Date: 2009-05-15 03:03 | IP: IP Logged

OK, so it was updated in September 2008. That still doesn't address the word-wrap bug that constantly CRASHES PsPad. Do you have a unicode synedit bug report that discusses word wrap crashes? I certainly couldn't find one. Nor is there any mention of this in the forum.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2009-05-15 08:19 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

after fiddling around with the settings I can say for sure, that the Code Explorer problem is directly related with the extension .pcpp

Other file exensions like .cpp, .h, .au3, .ini are working correctly, which means: the Code Explorer is showing data and the syntax coloring is working, too.

Is it possible for you to reproduce the problem? Do you need more/other information from me?

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-05-15 09:23 | IP: IP Logged

Did you add *.pcpp into C++ highlighter settings?

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2009-05-15 11:21 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Did you add *.pcpp into C++ highlighter settings?

Yes, of course.

Comparing the PSPad.ini from the beta and from the old release version, I've seen that in the old release there is a C++ and a C/C++ section. In the .ini of the beta there is only a C/C++ section. But adding the C++ section into the beta .ini did not help at all. So I'm slowly running out of ideas, why the Code Explorer works in the old release, and not in the beta, for .pcpp files.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2351) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2009-05-15 12:37 | IP: IP Logged

Menu settings / highlighter settings / C++ highlighter
On the second tab is a file extension list

#17 Re: Java Code Explorer issue

Posted by: papi | Date: 2009-05-18 14:39 | IP: IP Logged

syntech:
Jan,

since quite some betas the Code Explorer does not automatically show up for some files when I load them. I have set the required file extensions in the highlighter settings, but for some files the Code Explorer shows up, and for some other files - with the same file extension! - it does not. Then I have to click on the refresh button of the Code Explorer to get the classes, functions, etc. listed.

Anything I should check? Do you need additional informations?

Hi,
I had the same experience. My first idea was, that this is relating to the file size. I think this happen only with bigger files. Jan, don't you use now a new variable to deactivate code explorer after a certain size? I think there is one similar setting for the syntax highlighting too.

#18 Re: Java Code Explorer issue

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-05-18 17:50 | IP: IP Logged

papi:
syntech:
...the Code Explorer does not automatically show up for some files when I load them...

Hi,
I had the same experience. My first idea was, that this is relating to the file size. I think this happen only with bigger files. Jan, don't you use now a new variable to deactivate code explorer after a certain size? I think there is one similar setting for the syntax highlighting too.

I don't use the code explorer very often, but it seems, that the variable
CodeExplorerLimit=200000
would be the one you are looking for.
Settings :: Direct edit: [Special settings]

vbr

#19 Re: Java Code Explorer issue

Posted by: papi | Date: 2009-05-18 21:37 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
I don't use the code explorer very often, but it seems, that the variable
CodeExplorerLimit=200000
would be the one you are looking for.
Settings :: Direct edit: [Special settings]

vbr

I am almost sure this is it!
I opend files smaller and bigger than 200.000 Bytes and as expected, the smaller files automtically loaded the CodeExplorer, the biggers didn't.
I guess it must be something new, because I found an older PSPad.INI (about 1 year old), and that did not contain this variable.
Thank you vbr!

@syntech:
Can you please also check your files size? I think this answers your question too! Increase the values of this variable and probably the CodeExplorer will be filled.
For the syntax highlighting there is an other variable what makes the border between doing or not the coloring. I think this is called:
HLOnUpToSize

papi

#20 Re: Code Explorer issue

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2009-05-19 09:44 | IP: IP Logged

Quote:
@syntech:
Can you please also check your files size? I think this answers your question too! Increase the values of this variable and probably the CodeExplorer will be filled.
For the syntax highlighting there is an other variable what makes the border between doing or not the coloring. I think this is called:
HLOnUpToSize

papi

I changed the two suggested variables, and know what? It solved my problem! smiling smiley

Thanks to all for your help!

edit: Oh, and before I forget to mention: the Code Explorer is one of the major reasons why I'm using PSPad!

@Jan:
This is a good time to thank you again for this great, free Editor!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-19 09:49 by syntech.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR