You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7

#61 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2009-01-31 10:07 | IP: IP Logged

Stefan:
imiglikos2:
Small comment to the German Version menu bar...
Instead of: File > New (German: Datei > Neu) appear Datei > Novy (Czech word?).

===> forum.pspad.com Empty your browser cache and download again.

I was wrong, this doesn't help yet because there is still no new build with corrected menu on the server.

Please be patient, i am sure Jan will fix this with next beta.

Till then please learn some Czech winking smiley , 'Novy' means 'New' or 'Neu'

--
Stefan (pleased user since 1722)
Do you know you can spend Jan a beer? (click here)
Inofficial FAQs + Infos + Special Settings

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#62 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: MikeDB | Date: 2009-01-31 11:14 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I've been a long time user (thanks for developing such great software for free use!), but have now decided to make a few requests.

Firstly, a bug:

If "Auto Hide Left Gutter" is checked and you have a bookmark set and change a program setting, the gutter disappears even though the bookmark is still set.

Now, a wish list:

Can we have an option to toggle the current bookmark instead of requiring separate keys to set/unset a bookmark? (like Visual Studio - CTRL-F2 toggles bookmark set/unset)?

When using ALT+left mouse button to set column mode, it stays in column mode until the next left click. Can column mode be automatically cleared so that the next SHIFT cursor operation works back in line mode again?

Could you make the "default" search behaviour of bookmarks the same as search text? i.e. if the next bookmark is not on the current screen, then position the bookmark near the middle of the screen when the text scrolls to it?

If the search text specified is not found, could you leave the cursor in its current position instead of jumping to the start of the file (or at least have an option to do this)?

Can we have a "Favourite File List"? Often a file I need regularly disappears off the end of the "Open Recent" list. I found this feature useful when I used to use UltraEdit.

Thanks for listening and I hope that you find these suggestions useful.

Cheers, Mike.

#63 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2009-01-31 16:43 | IP: IP Logged

MikeDB:
...Can we have a "Favourite File List"? Often a file I need regularly disappears off the end of the "Open Recent" list. I found this feature useful when I used to use UltraEdit.

Hi, there is a section in Tool panel (Ctrl+F2) - Favourites (Heart icon in my icon set), which can be used exactly for this - namely its subsection "Files".

vbr

#64 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: MikeDB | Date: 2009-02-01 10:08 | IP: IP Logged

vbr:
Hi, there is a section in Tool panel (Ctrl+F2) - Favourites (Heart icon in my icon set), which can be used exactly for this - namely its subsection "Files".

vbr

Wow, yes. Thanks vbr. That's exactly what I need. I always thought the Tool Panel was only to do with projects before, but I don't use the projects functionality so I've not used the Tool Panel.

Cheers, Mike.

#65 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2009-02-03 15:30 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

A minor annoyance, though definitely not new...

I have a number of projects I switch between constantly. Mostly, they're all in the MRU list at the bottom of the Projects menu item. Anyway, when I select a new project from the menu, all of the currently open files are closed and the workspace is emptied as expected.

Next though, PSPad always issues a "Close Project file?" dialog. Is this necessary in this context? I can't imagine a situation (when I'm opening a new project) where I'd want to respond "No" to this dialog, though maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Jeff Godfrey

#66 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2009-02-04 08:48 | IP: IP Logged

jgodfrey:

Next though, PSPad always issues a "Close Project file?" dialog. Is this necessary in this context? I can't imagine a situation (when I'm opening a new project) where I'd want to respond "No" to this dialog, though maybe I'm missing something.

I am often using a project with any number of files in it when someone comes up to me and says we need this added to xy script urgently. I finish what I am doing in project 1 and open project 2 which contains xy script.

Once finished, I close project 2 and go back to project 1.

I can see room for a togglr option for this though.

#67 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2009-02-04 17:58 | IP: IP Logged

clanman:
I am often using a project with any number of files in it when someone comes up to me and says we need this added to xy script urgently. I finish what I am doing in project 1 and open project 2 which contains xy script.

Once finished, I close project 2 and go back to project 1.

I can see room for a togglr option for this though.

Clanman,

Thanks for the input, but I don't see how your situation differs from mine. Maybe I'm confused...

- I'm in "Project A"
- I decide to open "Project B" from the Projects menu
- PSPad closes all files in "Project A", and then asks if I want to close the project, to which I always respond "Yes". After all, I'm switching projects.

I don't even understand how "No" makes sense here. Just as a test, I answered "No", which *seemed* to do the same things as "Yes". That is, the files from "Project B" are opened, and the files and folders shown in the "Project Tree" are changed to be those of "Project B".

Hmmm... That's exactly what (seems) to happen when I say "Yes" to the "Close project?" dialog.

So, again...

A) What's the difference between "No" and "Yes" here?
B) Why would I ever say "No"?
C) If it doesn't make sense to answer No, then why ask in the first place?

Thanks for any further clarification.

Jeff

#68 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2335) English

Posted by: bobbydj | Date: 2009-02-11 10:45 | IP: IP Logged

Can you add more than one tab in the search result.
I must repeat each time the same research.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR