You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#31 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: Whitewater | Date: 2008-04-09 15:40 | IP: IP Logged

hankejh:

Hi MarkRH,

Did you notice any improvement with screen painting after renaming your pspad.ini? I just upgraded to 2315 from 2278 (which was working without any issues for me) and while I did not experience slow loading (even from an SFtpDrive mounted volume), when I switch between applications and then back to PSPad, the screen paints very slow. Screen rendering was instant with 2278.

You are right, screen rendering is very slow since 2303. It prevents me from upgrading. 2301 was still fine, the issue occured between 2301 and 2303.
This has NOTHING to to with Syntax Highlighting or pspad.ini. Even if i delete pspad.ini and turn off syntax highlighting, the problem occurs. It not only slows down switching between applications, but also scrolling in a large file (PGUP/PGDOWN or using the mouse with the scrollbar).
This is really annoying, because I fear I can never upgrade because of that problem ...

ciao,
Whitewater

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#32 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: MarkRH | Date: 2008-04-10 05:30 | IP: IP Logged

No, my screen repaints fine. I can drag windows with their contents showing over pspad fine. I never had any real problems with the screen repainting or redrawing itself.

--
Mark H.

#33 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: hankejh | Date: 2008-04-10 15:06 | IP: IP Logged

Whitewater:
You are right, screen rendering is very slow since 2303. It prevents me from upgrading. 2301 was still fine, the issue occured between 2301 and 2303.
This has NOTHING to to with Syntax Highlighting or pspad.ini. Even if i delete pspad.ini and turn off syntax highlighting, the problem occurs. It not only slows down switching between applications, but also scrolling in a large file (PGUP/PGDOWN or using the mouse with the scrollbar).
This is really annoying, because I fear I can never upgrade because of that problem ...

I had to roll back to 2278. The screen painting is ridiculously slow - line by line repaints on Restore/Maximize, PAGE-UP/DN and indenting. It definitely has nothing to do with my DVI video card (ATI Radeon x1550 Series, 512mb, 400MHz DAC).

sad smiley

#34 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: zuperman | Date: 2008-04-14 12:21 | IP: IP Logged

hello

Just tried out this new build for the SQR code explorer functionality. I just copied the contents of the .cab file over my existing installation (clean last official release). A few of my remarks, don't know whether they are all normal smiling smiley :
- I lost all my settings: my previous settings for SQR highlighting, language changed back from English to Dutch, ...
- The code explorer is not saying "Not implemented for this file type" anymore for SQR, but it is not showing any contents. (I thought it would automatically show a list of functions used in my .sqr file?)

Seeing all this, I suppose I did something wrong with 'just' copying the cab file?

Thanks for the great work!
Erik

#35 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-04-14 17:47 | IP: IP Logged

All theeses settings you talk about is stored in the PSPad.INI what isn't contained in the PSPadxxx.cab
Did you set the ftSQR in the FileType field in SQR user highlighter definition?

#36 malicious code in PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: wichien | Date: 2008-04-17 03:19 | IP: IP Logged

Hi

I cannot download this version. When I click pspad.siliconhill.cz , it displayed

IWSS Security Event (BAYIWSS)
InterScan Web Security detected malicious code in your web traffic:

Item: pspad.siliconhill.cz
Action: deleted

Infection detail:

-- File: PSPadShell.dll, Enclosure: pspad454b2315.cab, malicious code name: PAK_Generic.005
The uncleanable file is deleted.

#37 Re: malicious code in PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-04-17 08:39 | IP: IP Logged

Use mirror or use connection from otherwhere.
Sorry, but I am not responsible for paranoid antivirus.

#38 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: zuperman | Date: 2008-04-25 08:33 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
All theeses settings you talk about is stored in the PSPad.INI what isn't contained in the PSPadxxx.cab
Did you set the ftSQR in the FileType field in SQR user highlighter definition?

solved! many thanks!
i didn't backup pspad.ini as I installed it in my personal folder and not included in the installation folder. with re-installing I selected the correct option winking smiley. and indeed ftSQR did the job.

#39 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2008-04-30 20:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Using 2315, the following (valid) Tcl code seems to confuse PSPad's brace matching logic...

part_deletePart {
set expList {
{string equal $nodeInfo(type) part}
{expr ![db::recordExists dbMem "select 1 from repostruct \
where parentID = '$id'"]}
}
}

The first and last brace actually match, but PSPad seems to be confused by the quoted string that's split across 2 lines via the "\" character. It seems to think the double quote in the 2nd line of the quoted string is actually an opening quote instead of a close quote, so I guess it thinks the brace at the end of that line is part of a quoted string.

This is not a 2315 specific issue.

Side note - is there a way to keep code formatting (indent, etc) in a forum thread?

Thanks,

Jeff

#40 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2315) English

Posted by: GNUBIE | Date: 2008-05-02 14:27 | IP: IP Logged

What does it mean: Unpack it with subfolders and replace existing files from the last full release.

I've downloaded the zip. I can open it, but then do what?

Regards,

GN

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR