You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: kappa8086 | Date: 2008-03-29 04:05 | IP: IP Logged

BUG still exists
no one else suffered this? you need to press BACKSPACE twice to clear invisible charactors before typing password (as well for other input box)...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-29 04:21 by kappa8086.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-29 05:59 | IP: IP Logged

kappa8086:
BUG still exists
no one else suffered this? you need to press BACKSPACE twice to clear invisible charactors before typing password (as well for other input box)...?

Please example

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: gosurfbrowser.com | Date: 2008-03-29 06:58 | IP: IP Logged

PSpad has a negative performance impact to me since the switch to Unicode stage. Especially by opening a big Delphi file. I have made videos and sent to Jan privately. But it works very smooth on his machine.

To Jan, could you please install PSpad on your friends machine and test again? The problem is that, I have tried any latest version on several machines. All of them have the same performance issue. Because of this issue, I am still using the last ANSI version.

To test it, you need no individual configuration. Just download a new beta from here, extract it and then open a big file. (I tried with Delphi\Source\Forms.pas, 500kb)

Another annoying problem is that, the char-spacing is wider than it in ANSI version. I assume, that this is an issue of the editor component you are currently using.

Best regards
stanley xu

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: kappa8086 | Date: 2008-03-29 10:56 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
kappa8086:
BUG still exists

Please example

when connecting to FTP, if no password is pre-configured, it will be asked, then probably fail(Error Code 0) even though I'm sure the password is correctly typed(unless BACKSPACE first)

A detail here, masked charactors are shown different

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-30 07:17 | IP: IP Logged

I am sorry, but I can't confirm it.
Before I ask password from you, I clear variable - it means password input box is clear, there isn't any hidden space, you should see it and you should be able to select it.
Maybe there is something wrong with east language support, but it comes around me, because I am using Windows dialog for enter password.

Same with mask char - I don't set it.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2314) English

Posted by: kappa8086 | Date: 2008-03-31 03:54 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I am sorry, but I can't confirm it.
Before I ask password from you, I clear variable - it means password input box is clear, there isn't any hidden space, you should see it and you should be able to select it.
Maybe there is something wrong with east language support, but it comes around me, because I am using Windows dialog for enter password.

Same with mask char - I don't set it.

You're right, since I changed my keyborad language to EN, everything goes OK, mask char is like it in other programs as well
seems any keyboard layout (not input method) of multi-byte language would cause this problem...sad smiley

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR