You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: andybridges | Date: 2008-03-03 09:07 | IP: IP Logged

Karl:
Alas, this one actually feels slower than r2309 and r2308. It takes ages until the edit window appears.

r2301 is still the last usable version for me.

K.

Karl, do you still get this problem if you temporarily remove all your scripts? Just a thought, but I know my copy of pspad takes a short while to load but then at least three of my scripts are... big... and I _know_ they're to blame.

Jan, would it be worth changing the splash screen so (if it's switched on) it displayed information about what PSPad was doing at that point in the loading? the splash would need to stay open until the loading process was complete, but it would allow people to see exactly what was taking so long. If it's not a 30 minute job though, it's probably not worth it.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-03-03 13:13 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Did you run PSPad from local drive or network?
Operating system?

I try to find a reason, but I don't know nothing what should have influence.

I run PSPad locally on a Win2k box.

r2301 starts up within a second, then I see the mouse cursor flicker between normal and hourglass for about two seconds (I assume that is where all files are loaded) and then all my project files (about 15) are in their tabs and I can start editing. There is no change in the title bar.

OTOH, r2308, r2309 and the interim build: loading PSPad takes at least two or three seconds, then there is another pause of a few seconds and then every file in the project is loaded, but very, very slowly. The pathname is shown in the PSPad caption bar (not with r2301) and it takes about two or three seconds to load a single file. Given that I have 15 files to load the whole process now takes nearly a minute.

K.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: zeeric | Date: 2008-03-03 13:41 | IP: IP Logged

i think that there is a little bug in the spell check process.

I'm a french user.

If i write the word "utilisateur", all is ok
if i write : "l'utilisateur", the spell check think that "l'utilisateur" is a single word and mark it false.
He must mark it true (l' utilisateur)

PS : After the character ' , there is no need to have a space. I think that the checker think the contrary

Another litle probleme is with the mark :
i check my text, if a wrap it , the mark disappear when i scroll smiling smiley

Thanks for this beautiful logiciel

Sorry for my poor english...

Err perhaps for the futur : the text diff is important, perhaps can you increase it efficiency in coloring the characters thar are different and not only the lines ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-03 13:42 by zeeric.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-03-03 14:04 | IP: IP Logged

Karl:
pspad:
Did you run PSPad from local drive or network?
Operating system?

I try to find a reason, but I don't know nothing what should have influence.

I run PSPad locally on a Win2k box.

r2301 starts up within a second, then I see the mouse cursor flicker between normal and hourglass for about two seconds (I assume that is where all files are loaded) and then all my project files (about 15) are in their tabs and I can start editing. There is no change in the title bar.

OTOH, r2308, r2309 and the interim build: loading PSPad takes at least two or three seconds, then there is another pause of a few seconds and then every file in the project is loaded, but very, very slowly. The pathname is shown in the PSPad caption bar (not with r2301) and it takes about two or three seconds to load a single file. Given that I have 15 files to load the whole process now takes nearly a minute.

K.

I have further investigated this problem. After PSPad-r2301 (the fast one) is loaded it simply loads all open project files.

PSPad-r2310 (the slow one) behaves, after PSPad itself is loaded, as if the first instance loads each file in the project by creating a PSPad child process which laods the file.

Hope that makes sense.

K.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-03 14:14 | IP: IP Logged

please copy PSPad.EXE and .\Lang\English.ini into new folder and run it from there.
Same problem?

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-03-03 18:11 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
please copy PSPad.EXE and .\Lang\English.ini into new folder and run it from there.
Same problem?

I tried that. I lost all custom options of course but this runs as fast as r2301smiling smiley

So what does that tell us?

K.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2008-03-03 20:43 | IP: IP Logged

In this case there is a problem with some settings.
Can you send me your PSPad.INI (via mail as attachment)

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Karl | Date: 2008-03-04 08:29 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
In this case there is a problem with some settings.

Indeed. So I used the evening to dissect my INI file... the problem is with the WordWrap option.

If I switch this *off* r2310 is pretty much as fast as r2301. With WordWrap *on* it's sloooooow.

Problem is, my project is a combination of code files and documentation (i.e. plain text) files and for the latter I need WordWrap to be on.

Well, at least we know the culprit.

Why, as a first rough measure, not switch off WordWrap (if it was on) before loading any files and then switch it back on?

K.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Billy | Date: 2008-03-04 08:58 | IP: IP Logged

While we're talking about word wrap:

Enable word wrap, set position of right edge to 80, type in 80 characters, now type another one. 81th character is magically duplicated. This bug has been in for as long as I can remember.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.4 (2309) English

Posted by: Gamesh | Date: 2008-03-04 11:25 | IP: IP Logged

$search = array('@<script[^>]*?>.*?</script>@si', // Strip out javascript
'@<style[^>]*?>.*?</style>@siU', // Strip style tags properly
'@<[\/\!]*?[^<>]*?>@si', // Strip out HTML tags
'@<![\s\S]*?--[ \t\n\r]*>@'

Multihightliter problems with this code. it find ?> character in the quouted string and treats it as and of the php code.

if switched to php highlighter everything works fine.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR