You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-17 06:12 | IP: IP Logged

Log is different window now, because editor component has a problem with drawing.
AssignLog() isn't supported now. You can directly access to LOG with new functions. I know, it's drastical change, but I have no choice. Log isn't able to simulate editor window functionality.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: megmond | Date: 2007-10-17 09:46 | IP: IP Logged

I had a short experiment with the new version now that the log window seems to be fixed. Indeed, I did not have any problems with the log window, but now PSPad crashes constantly on compiling some of my code. During this, I noticed something interesting: At one of these crashes, the main editor window displayed the same problem as the log window used to!

So it seems the problem is in more parts than just the log window, only it doesn't appear often/at all. It sounds to me a bit like an access violation, timing issue or race condition somewhere.

In any case, the crashes prevent me from using the new version, which is a pity sad smiley

Here is some information about it:
AppName: pspad.exe AppVer: 4.5.3.2282 ModName: pspad.exe
ModVer: 4.5.3.2282 Offset: 0008b274

What I'm doing at the time:
Compile my code. This code contains a compiler error in one of the files. When the compiling finishes, PSPad automatically opens the file with the problem and jumps to the line with the error. At this point PSPad crashes. I see the code explorer window refresh slowly (takes about 2 seconds to redraw all the items in it) and in one instance only, the main editor window looked exactly like the problem with the log window (all the characters put on top of eachother in the first column).

I changed the code so that the error would be in a different file, but the same crash happened.

The log window itself was displayed fine though, so at least I'm very happy about that part smiling smiley

Oh, here is a screenshot of the problem (some parts blanked out)
Link to full-size screenshot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-17 09:53 by megmond.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-17 10:20 | IP: IP Logged

What compiler do you use?
No error log after crash?
It's only on your comp or on antoher too?

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: kosthala | Date: 2007-10-17 10:58 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:

Quote:

I can confirm the above behavior. I use the WinAVR compiler
(GCC), and i have exactly the same crash as megmond. No error message after crash.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-17 11:07 | IP: IP Logged

Are yu able to send me this compiler with some source and your PSPad.INI ?
I need to simulate it.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: kosthala | Date: 2007-10-17 12:46 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Are yu able to send me this compiler with some source and your PSPad.INI ?
I need to simulate it.

You can download the compiler from
sourceforge.net

I will send you sample code and the ini files later (how can i send them to you?)

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-17 12:54 | IP: IP Logged

Use PSpad support mail

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: megmond | Date: 2007-10-17 13:17 | IP: IP Logged

kosthala:
You can download the compiler [...]

Thanks kosthala, at the moment I am not in the position to send either the compiler or any code. However, the compiler is gcc (or based on it) running via cygwin. The compilation process is started via 'make.exe'.

I wonder if the problem is related to the compiler/process, since the make process succeeds (though with errors), PSPad displays the output correctly and interprets the log results to find the errors, then opens the file with the first error and only *then* crashes (i.e. the file with the error was not open when the compilation started, and is open and displayed when the crash occurs).

(Though in a multithreaded environment I guess it's possible the crash occurs some time before the last visible action)

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: megmond | Date: 2007-10-17 13:28 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:

(Compiler see above)

I'm not sure about an error log. In the crash message (which asks me to send Microsoft some info) I can look at details which shows a lot of technical detail, but I cannot copy this information from the dialog and don't know where to find it in the filesystem*. The main point is the crash offset I mentioned (0x0008b274) which is always the same for these crashes. I guess you may be able to find which line of code this address belongs to?

I can only try this on my own computer, though kosthala's response indicates it will also happen on other computers.

* I thought there was a sticky with some explanation of where/how to get crash info and send it for PSPad, but I cannot find it now.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2282) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-10-17 13:56 | IP: IP Logged

I will wait for kosthala's source and compiler settings

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR