You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: komfa | Date: 2007-08-09 15:52 | IP: IP Logged

Hallo Holger,

you are right. Every Programmer has his own style and everyone is profited by enhancement of code-explorer. Send a email with your needs and some(all) sourcecode-samples you need to Jan. He does the (good) job.

Christian

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-08-09 16:06 | IP: IP Logged

Joël:
So $ always open a formula excepted if there is a \ just before $.
I hope this is clear !!

Yes, it's clear.

#23 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-08-09 16:07 | IP: IP Logged

holger:
One more bug:
a temp-table definition can begin outside the first columns.
winking smiley

OK

#24 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: holger | Date: 2007-08-09 16:10 | IP: IP Logged

komfa:
Send a email with your needs and some(all) sourcecode-samples you need to Jan. He does the (good) job.

Christian

Hallo Christian,

I think my sparely needs are posted already and for all occurences I sended him the Openedge Language Reference (.CHM) with many exambles inside.
Progress is one of the difficult languages concerning the amount of features and possibilities.

Holger

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-08-09 16:32 | IP: IP Logged

Sorry, but from help I don't now e.g. order of Code explorer items. Examples are fine, but I need to know what you really want.

What I need:
1. list of items (trees) and it's order in Code explorer
2. litle description and small example for each item, e.g. this definition starts from line begin and I want to see this part of line in the code explorer.

I think it's OK for both sides. I will do better code explorer for you and you will spare my time from reading whole language help.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: holger | Date: 2007-08-09 17:37 | IP: IP Logged

OK,
except the found bugs and the feature to display Items under Procedures or Functions (only in this Case "run Statements" make a sense, so everything step by step).

1. Trees
Worktables (and Synonym: Workfiles)
Buffers
Both can be displayed under Temp-Tables in this order.

2. syntax and exambles are given in last post.
In Progress everything can begin anywhere.
The displayed Items can have the same behavior as that for Temp-Tables with only the Name. The names are always after the definition keyword.
exambles:
define new shared buffer <Name> ...
define new shared private workfile <Name> ...
define new shared private work-table <Name> ...

Where buffer, workfile and work-table are the keywords (like temp-table: to be searched for).
The Keywords should only be guilty if a "define" is given before.
I guess there's no need to know what comes after the <Name> (would be silly to display details!)

In the posted Syntax everything whats in [] is optional, and have to be ignored, when before the " Keyword Name " Section.

Hope it's cleared. Thank you very much.

Holger

#27 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-08-09 18:23 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, it is clear.
buffers, workfiles, work-tables and temp-tables are ready. Will be available in the next build.

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: microalps | Date: 2007-08-09 20:03 | IP: IP Logged

1) The bug I reported in 2269 regarding FTP file listing is still problematic in 2271. Just a friendly reminder.
2) With the HTML multi-highlighter, the following will cause a rendering issue. Use any HTML that contains at least two sets of tags where the start and close are not on the same line, such as:
<div>

</div>
<div>

</div>
a) Highlight part of one tag. The start / end tag should be highlighted blue.
b) Highlight part of the other tag. The start / end tag should be highlighted blue. The tag of the first set is still highlighted.

Note: you might have to repeat these steps to see this behavior.

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: mce | Date: 2007-08-09 23:15 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I'm very happy actually with being able to see just function and procedure names, to be able to jump through code quickier. I thought that showing include files was a nice touch and just wanted to make it work better if possible.

I also noticed that function parameters are displayed only if they are on the same line with the function definition, should display everything starting from ( and ending with ), right now it's showing from ( to end of line.

Thanks again for a great job.
Cristian

#30 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2271) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-08-10 03:58 | IP: IP Logged

mce:
Hi Jan,

I'm very happy actually with being able to see just function and procedure names, to be able to jump through code quickier. I thought that showing include files was a nice touch and just wanted to make it work better if possible.

I also noticed that function parameters are displayed only if they are on the same line with the function definition, should display everything starting from ( and ending with ), right now it's showing from ( to end of line.

Thanks again for a great job.
Cristian

Code explorer parses code line by line using regular expressions. It isn't syntax parser.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR