You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#71 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: tangouli | Date: 2007-02-19 14:08 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

thank you for your very good editor, i use every day.

There is a small bug in changing projects.
After selecting a new project there is a first question "Are you sure you want to close all open files ?". After clicking "yes" there is a second question "Close project file ?".
Whatever you press, "yes" or "no" the editor will open the new project. This second question has no effect and is dispensable.
(I use german language version)

tangouli

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#72 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Daniel D. | Date: 2007-02-22 14:19 | IP: IP Logged

I've the same problem - german version.

A few quesions: Why do I have to select a codepage for open a file? Does the editor change the current file codepage to UTF-8 if I've UTF-8 set?
Why does the codepage doesn't change in the format menu if the just opened file is another then the selected?

#73 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Matt | Date: 2007-02-22 17:33 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for another great release. However I've also experienced a problem with the toolbar (specifically with the tabs indicating which files are open):

I use a virtual desktop manager for XP called MSVDM (free powertoy available from MS). However when I switch to a desktop that does not have PSPad shown, then switch back to the PSPad desktop, I see a fairly large white box under the tabs. It occurs about 50% of the time. When I hover the mouse over the box, it lists the path to the current file that is open. It appears that the tab has extended down into the editing window.

I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up, and thanks again.

#74 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: fetis | Date: 2007-02-25 21:17 | IP: IP Logged

[REGRESSION] FTP file explorer
In this build when you save file to ftp, directory changed to file directory (you can see in the path under connection status) but file list not refreshed. This caused error when you try open file from this list.

P.S. Please add possibillity to copy server file path, i.e. /dir/dir/name.ext

#75 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Mahir | Date: 2007-03-02 21:08 | IP: IP Logged

After a save as the file list will not be refreshed...

You have to refresh the list.

This is a new behavior... not exists before.

#76 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-03-02 21:21 | IP: IP Logged

This is a user request behaviour. It takes a long time to download long FTP directory.
List is refreshed if new file is created or file is deleted e.t.c.

#77 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: fetis | Date: 2007-03-04 10:53 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
This is a user request behaviour. It takes a long time to download long FTP directory.
List is refreshed if new file is created or file is deleted e.t.c.

I agree that new behavoir is not bad. BUT 2 things makes me unhappy:
1. If you don't refersh file list, don't refresh the file path too. Because you see new file path, see files, trying to open one and... get error! because the path is new. It's wrong, as I think.
2. The lack of sychronize button (as in file explorer) for FTP explorer. This button is very needed.

#78 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: chuckf | Date: 2010-04-26 21:50 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
Sotho Tal Ker:
~ PSPad displays URLs like links. It would be nice if there was an option to open the link in the default browser [...].

Have you tried ctrl+click?

I had to look long and hard to find this. The only place the help explains this is in the FAQ (under "I am sick of copying a file path or web address to the clipboard just to open it. Is there a way to open the selected text?"). No wonder it's in the FAQ. It's not documented anywhere. Please add it to a more obvious place.

Also, changing the "Open file from Internet..." to "Open URL in browser" would be more obvious.

Thanks,
chuckf

#79 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-04-27 05:14 | IP: IP Logged

There is a problem that help is out of date.
But Ctrl+Click is standard in MS editors, mail programs has same functionality...

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR