You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Tgus | Date: 2007-02-05 15:08 | IP: IP Logged

0053r:
*** BUG *** Please fix the toolbars. Repeating from earlier post:

I am also anxiously awaiting this feature!

0053r:
Problem 1: Missing separator under tool bars
-------------
If you compare builds up to and including 2243, you will notice that the tool bar has a separator at the bottom (separating the tool bar from the tab bar). This is gone from all subsequent builds.

Mine still has the "separator" space between the tool bar and the tab bar. Including in this latest version.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Do you have an example screen shot you can share?

0053r:
Problem 2: Tabs not visibly restored
-------------
Normally, if you have "Save Work / Desktop" enabled, under Settings --> Program Settings --> Files and Dirs, all your tabs and views are restored when you next launch PSPad. With all builds after 2243, only the active document is visible, and there is no tab bar, until you do something that causes the tab bar to be refreshed (e.g. create or open a new document, change program settings, etc). Even then the separator between tool bar and tab bar still remains invisible.

I think you're saying that with PSPad closed, if you open a file from windows explorer, PSPad only has the one file and none of the other files from your last PSPad session.

I agree!
It worried me the first few times this happened. But I've noticed that if I open PSPad normally, all the files I used last are opened automatically.
I don't know what logic PSPad uses to decide which file to remember though!

However, mine DOES show the tab bar, even with only the one opened file. Upon closer looks, I see that there is no separator between the tool bar and the tabs (like you stated) for me either, when I only open the one file.

I don't know that the separator is a big deal to me, but I would like to understand better, the logic behind when PSPad decides to save the open files to open by default.

Tgus

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2007-02-05 15:31 | IP: IP Logged

fetis:
the version in about dialog is still 2253

If you see in the About dialog 2253, you run old PSPad.EXE. Check if you download the 2255 build and unpack it into right folder.
Check, if on your desktop is link, not PSPad.EXE

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: TRUSTAbyss | Date: 2007-02-05 15:44 | IP: IP Logged

Can the Toolbars be locked in this newer version? I don't want to try it if they can't.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: fetis | Date: 2007-02-05 19:50 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
If you see in the About dialog 2253, you run old PSPad.EXE. Check if you download the 2255 build and unpack it into right folder.
Check, if on your desktop is link, not PSPad.EXE

yes, you right

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Xiaofeng Ge | Date: 2007-02-06 02:48 | IP: IP Logged

So, as PSPad can parser the syntax, I think it is not difficult to bring the feature of counting source code. That means, for a list of source code, give there number of code , comment & blank lines. I wonder if there is a plan for this feature?

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Mahir | Date: 2007-02-06 08:05 | IP: IP Logged

The issue I found in Perl Syntax Highlighting was found before: forum.pspad.com

This is the same problem.

pspad:
Mahir:
Dear Jan,

I have a problem with the Perl syntax highlithning. Textpad have the same problem. But none of the other editors (such as blumentals) does not have the same behavior/problem.

As you can see in line 150 there is a quote (") character. The syntax is correct perl syntax but after this quote, everything look like "quoted", until a similar line.

regards,
Mahir

I don't know Perl. Can you exlain me line 150 in your example? There is a string begin or not? If yes, where is the end of the string?

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Ozone | Date: 2007-02-06 10:42 | IP: IP Logged

The option "View special caracters" (Tabulation, spaces and EOL) doesn't use the right coloration after the first line letter.

Something like this happens:

>> >> ..Hello...World

Instead of:

>> >> ..Hello...World

Also I would love a new feature "auto-tabulation convertion".
For exemple:

......Hello.....World

becomes for tab=4 spaces (always aligned):

>>..Hello.>>World

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Ozone | Date: 2007-02-06 11:18 | IP: IP Logged

Uppercase/Lowercase conversion still damages the text on block selection. (already reported for 2250)

Search & Replace seems to work on long lines and selections now, thank you! smiling smiley

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: Markus Kiendl | Date: 2007-02-06 11:51 | IP: IP Logged

Tgus:
0053r:
Problem 1: Missing separator under tool bars
-------------
If you compare builds up to and including 2243, you will notice that the tool bar has a separator at the bottom (separating the tool bar from the tab bar). This is gone from all subsequent builds.

Mine still has the "separator" space between the tool bar and the tab bar. Including in this latest version.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Do you have an example screen shot you can share?

The separator is actually gone. If you have win2000 or use WinXP with the classical theme, you see no separator at all. With WinXP using the LUNA theme, there seems to be a separator, but what you really see is just the slight difference between the background color of the toolbar and the background color of the tab bar. The lacking of the separator can also been seen when you open some files, because there is absolutely no space between the file tabs and the tool bar. I would appreciate the separator coming back, but this is not an important issue.

Markus

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2255) English

Posted by: xmenclassic | Date: 2007-02-06 12:50 | IP: IP Logged

In the PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2253) changelog:

Quote:
Corrections
Cobol code explorer

What was corrected?

The Bug in Code Explorer for Cobol (numbers in columns 1 - 6) is not corrected!

Please, this still corrects!

Thanks
Alexander

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR