You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: Nelson | Date: 2006-11-10 07:56 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Reeves:
can u improve the speed of openning files,why it become so slow?when i open a 2MB xml,i must wait for almost 20sec.i don't find any problem in speed with old version.

This is strange. Do yuo have Code explorer visible ? In this case PSPad parse your file after you open in in the code explorer.

I have this problem, too.
I don't enable Code Explorer or Project Panel or Log Window or something else.
I only left the edit area.

But when I open a bigger file (maybe 1~2 MB), PSPad takes a long time to open it (about 5 ~ 10 sec.). And it takes 100% CPU usage.

And there is one more thing in this build.
PSPad can't remember toolbar settings.
The toolbar displays all components, but I have un-checked some of them.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: lmfs | Date: 2006-11-10 08:16 | IP: IP Logged

I have some font issues with the latest beta version (and perhaps a couple of versions).

"Dina" (great free font - www.donationcoder.com) is display with double whitespace between characters.

Also - I've bought Pragmata (www.fsd.it) to use for my coding experiences but I'm not able to use that font in PSPad since it only displays fixed-width fonts. Pragmata is a geometric condensed monospaced truetype font made for coding and very well done, I use it for most of my other work.

Why not include a checkbox in the font selection dialog, "Fixed fonts only" that is by default selected but makes it possible to select any font available?

This can be reproduced by taking the latest 4.52 version, adding the latest beta 4.5.3 (2244) files and all default settings, no changes.

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-10 08:53 | IP: IP Logged

I made right now some other font tuneup (terrible work) and tonight I will publish 2244 build update

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: Thomas | Date: 2006-11-10 10:18 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
new toolbar - neccessary for future user modification

Looks nice, but it does not seem to remember the previous selected/viewable toolbars. It always starts up with all toolbars displayed, even if I de-select most of them

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-10 10:49 | IP: IP Logged

I know about ToolBars problem already. Tonight I update this build

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: rogo | Date: 2006-11-10 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

While the topic of the speed is open...
PSPad is a wonderful editor, probably the best.
But I have to stick with the 4.3 version. It opens large files at a fraction of the time it takes 4.5 version to open same file. I don't have any code explorer enabled - these are just plain text files.

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: toralf | Date: 2006-11-10 16:15 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Can you imagine how much bugreports I got per day ?
Sorry, but test all bugreports and aswer online is work dor several people.

No, sorry for bugging you. I appreciate you work.

Side note: I personally rate wrong font presentation less important compared to bugs that destroy text/code. And the bug I reported does the later. No offence.

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: Eblis | Date: 2006-11-13 09:00 | IP: IP Logged

I think i found a bug in pspad 2244.
Let's say you have the following piece of code:

Test 1 (2 tabs at the beginning)
Test 2 (16 spaces at the beginning)

(the forum software keeps trimming the whitespace at the beginning :( but each Test word should have the number of characters in () before it)
Now, if you position the cursion just before the Test word and hit Ctrl + Shift + Left (i.e., you want to select the whitespace left of the word) the selection will in fact contain the whitespace to the left of the word but also the last character on the line above. PsPad should only select the whitespace, without moving the selection to the line abouve and selecting that newline as well.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: lmfs | Date: 2006-11-13 11:29 | IP: IP Logged

Regardning the Dina font problem earlier - it seems to work now. No double spacing.

But still waiting for Pragmata and other monospaced truetype font support winking smiley

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.3 (2244) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-11-13 13:49 | IP: IP Logged

Send me fonts or links for download.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR