You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

#61 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: n4cer | Date: 2006-07-24 14:49 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
n4cer:
Hey, Jan. Sorry when posting the same thing twice, but I could not find an answer from you to this:

Quote:
When FTP connection is lost and password is not saved, it does not keep this in memory after timeout (keep alive unfortunately is not working). Would be great not to have it retyped everytime.

Besides I experienced some kind of reconnection problems. Sometimes it looses connection (timeout) when not used for a longer time. When saving, it asks for password (not stored) and when re-entered, the connection is not refreshed. I need to disconnect or just connect newly (and enter password again).

Can you tell us, if you plan to "fix" it? This is a really uncomfortable issue.

I know it. I am sorry, but I am bussy now with my occupation. It's one of the things with highler priority to do.

Thank you very very much, Jan!
I really appreciate your work and much spent time on this great software!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#62 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: johnsonzhuangsh | Date: 2006-07-24 20:49 | IP: IP Logged

A great editor!
But can you add the colum editing mode like that of UltraEdit?
If so, I think, it gets to be perfect..

Anyway, I like it very much! Thanks.

#63 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: molinarm | Date: 2006-07-25 13:52 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

I got a crash while trying to close a file that I had created from within PSPad (as a new text file).
I don't know whether anyone else got this crash, maybe it's my fault in some way.

Any clue?
Mario Molinari

Access violation at address 005A933E in module 'PSPad.exe'. Read of address 00000008.

Exception class: EAccessViolation
Exception address: 005A933E
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack list, generated 25/07/2006 15.49.58
[005A933E] uMiscProc.FillFileRecord (Line 1898, "uMiscProc.pas" + 9) + $A

Please, don't place error log here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-25 20:24 by pspad.

#64 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: guest | Date: 2006-07-25 17:45 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad no longer allows multiple files on the command line. If you attempt to load more than one file, the first file is loaded fine, but the second file is blank because PSPad thinks that it is a new file.

You know, this stuff used to work. Why are things that used to work just fine, constantly being broken now?

#65 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: PsychodelEKS | Date: 2006-07-26 07:17 | IP: IP Logged

Can anyone help me with disabling "dblclick on the file tab closes file" feature? I'm getting mad with it angry smiley

#66 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: jugg | Date: 2006-07-27 01:02 | IP: IP Logged

PsychodelEKS:
Can anyone help me with disabling "dblclick on the file tab closes file" feature? I'm getting mad with it angry smiley

While I'm glad to see this feature in place finally, it would be nice if it was customizable (is it?). I use middle-click to close the tabs myself, unfortunately that happens on button down instead of button up.

So my request:

Allow configuration of what mouse click closes a tab (ie allow disabling dbl-click close), and whether a tab is closed on button down or button up. Personally, I don't see any reason to close a tab on button down. It should just default to closing on button up.

Thanks for fixing the horizontal scroll bug a few versions ago!

#67 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: jugg | Date: 2006-07-27 01:14 | IP: IP Logged

The 'search' functionality is slow. Using the "Find" dialog, or simply the "Find Next" or "Next Occurence of Current Word" is really slow. It did not used to be back in older versions (ie 4.3.x).

Even with the slowness there is a visual annoyance which makes it even more frusterating. When the search wraps, the display moves to the top of the file (or bottom of the file, depending on the search direction) and then moves again to the next match. This is very distracting.

One thing to note, if using the "Find" dialog with "Direction" set to "Entire Scope", then the visual annoyance does -not- occur (ie. the display does not jump to the top or bottom of the file). Only when using "Find Next" or "Next Occurence of..." or the "Find" dialog with "Direction" set to "Forward" or "Backward" does this annoyance occur.

This happens with plain text files as well as other file types (eg .c or .h and probably any other)

Thanks

#68 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: steph | Date: 2006-07-28 06:14 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

Michael S:
Hi, again...
I've played around and found the project setting "Follow compilation progress in LOG" when I deselect that checkbox, problem 1 is "solved"

Kind regards
Michael S

It seems that on windows 2000 this is not enough : with or without "compilation progress in LOG" checked, problem still there. I had to come back to an earlier beta version (452 build 2217).

rmq : I also use gcc but troubles appear not only when using gcc (execution of simple dos batch makes it happen)

Unfortunatly I don't have time to investigate and find out which version introduced this problem.

#69 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: solariz | Date: 2006-07-28 06:32 | IP: IP Logged

Strange behavior of "Line number bar" from time to time my line number bar is distorted. This happens if I move the curse over any Tag which is highlighted in background. e.g. a Bracket or a HTML Tag. As soon as the highlight happen time to time it seems that the editor didn't notice the "Space reservation" for the line number bar and start to highlight at 0 Pixel, on the Bar.

Hmm hard to describe in words so I take a screenshot:
www.solariz.de

#70 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2228) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-07-28 10:53 | IP: IP Logged

solariz:
Strange behavior of "Line number bar" from time to time my line number bar is distorted. This happens if I move the curse over any Tag which is highlighted in background. e.g. a Bracket or a HTML Tag. As soon as the highlight happen time to time it seems that the editor didn't notice the "Space reservation" for the line number bar and start to highlight at 0 Pixel, on the Bar.

Hmm hard to describe in words so I take a screenshot:
www.solariz.de

This is corrected already on my comp. Wait for the next build.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR