You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-06-13 07:08 | IP: IP Logged

I really like the CSS beautifying options. Thank you! I am wondering whether it would be possible to have the user select the type of reformatting they would like, i.e. opening curly brace on same line, on new line, blank line before new class selector, etc etc.
Sincerely,
Joe Belmaati
Copenhagen Denmark

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: niallss | Date: 2006-06-13 13:29 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. As far as I can tell, I am using the new context handler, and option it presents in the context menu.

Is there a way I can verify this (and it doesn't explain why it works when PSPad is closed, but not whilst it is open)?

Thanks,
Niall.

#13 .

Posted by: SlimShady | Date: 2006-06-13 14:07 | IP: IP Logged

Two things.
1. Yesterday I did a test with UTF-8 encoding and closed PSPad after.
Today I updated to the latest build and opened an existing (ANSI) file.
I opened the file with Notepad2 to verify. (screenshot)
While I was working with the file I noticed the encoding was still set to UTF-8.
I expect PSPad to retrieve the right encoding, instead it used my previous setting.
Bug or a feature?

2. When I search/find a string in a file, the found string is highlighted. Good.
But sometimes the string is not visible in the current view, and I have to scroll to find it.
It's not only the case when using Ctrl+F, also when I press the F3 to find the next.
I hope you can fix this.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2006-06-13 15:23 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Niall Sommerville:
Hi,

Can someone confirm this behaviour? Since 2221, when multiple files (plain-text) are opened using the Windows Explorer context menu, with PSPad already open, and there are spaces in the folder path, then the files are not opened correctly, but instead I get one tab per "word" in the path to the file (split by spaces).

If PSPad is not running (nor in the system tray), the files open correctly. I can confirm that PSPad 2217 did not exhibit this behaviour.

Thanks for a great editor, and have a good holiday!

You have a incorrect association. Long file name have to be enclosed by double quote if send as program parameter.
Don't use old system integration (registry), but new one - Context handler DLL

I can confirm this bug and I don't agree with you Jan.
This problem does not exist in previous version.

For the moment, I have to go back to the previous version.

I hope you could fix this bug before your holidays.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2006-06-13 15:30 | IP: IP Logged

Really strange,

I have put the PSPad.exe from v4.5.2 build 2222 in my PSPad directory and I have openend my files without problem.
Now, I have restored the last PSPad.exe file and opened again my files but without problem yawning smiley

Really strange behavior.
I am going to continue to test PSPad in order to reproduce that problem.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 16:25 | IP: IP Logged

Lolo:
Really strange,

I have put the PSPad.exe from v4.5.2 build 2222 in my PSPad directory and I have openend my files without problem.
Now, I have restored the last PSPad.exe file and opened again my files but without problem yawning smiley

Really strange behavior.
I am going to continue to test PSPad in order to reproduce that problem.

OK. Users want to send several files as parameters to PSPad. I need to have enclosed files with doublequotes if files contains spaces. It's Microsoft command parameters standard.
If you use context handler, there is no problem to open long filename. If you use old registry based way, check, if parameter %1 in the registry is enclosed in doublequotes: "%1"

You can use old version as long as you want, but I will not change this behaviour in the future.
I open long filename with spaces without problem with the PSPad context handler (right mouse / PSPad)

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: Mark Baines | Date: 2006-06-13 16:30 | IP: IP Logged

In message #42 in thread "PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2221) English" I can now confirm that the whole line to the end of line is now selected when left-clicking in left gutter. Many thanks for that.
Have a great holiday.

#18 Re: .

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 16:30 | IP: IP Logged

SlimShady:
Two things.
1. Yesterday I did a test with UTF-8 encoding and closed PSPad after.
Today I updated to the latest build and opened an existing (ANSI) file.
I opened the file with Notepad2 to verify. (screenshot)
While I was working with the file I noticed the encoding was still set to UTF-8.
I expect PSPad to retrieve the right encoding, instead it used my previous setting.
Bug or a feature?

2. When I search/find a string in a file, the found string is highlighted. Good.
But sometimes the string is not visible in the current view, and I have to scroll to find it.
It's not only the case when using Ctrl+F, also when I press the F3 to find the next.
I hope you can fix this.

1. program settings / Files / [x]Save file state
This means PSPad remember file state include Code page

2. corrected in the latest build 4.5.2 (2223) - download in the PSPad beta forum

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-06-13 16:43 | IP: IP Logged

niallss:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. As far as I can tell, I am using the new context handler, and option it presents in the context menu.

Is there a way I can verify this (and it doesn't explain why it works when PSPad is closed, but not whilst it is open)?

Thanks,
Niall.

I test it, as you see on the screnshot, long file name, long file path, I used PSPad context handler. I try it with or without running PSPad but no problem to open file.

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2223) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2006-06-13 16:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Excellent work on 2223 - the "find" behaviour problem (not shifting the view to the first occurence) seems to be fixed. That's a big relief, so thanks again... ;^)

Selecting a line by clicking on the line-number in the left gutter seems to have changed recently (maybe in 2223?). Until recently, clicking on a line number selected the entire line, including any leading spaces on the left side. In 2223, the same operation only selects the the actual text in the line, and does not select the leading spaces.

Typically, I just select a line using this method, and then delete it by pressing the "Del" key. This had the effect of just deleting the entire line, and shifting everything else up, with all formatting in place.

With the behavior of 2223 (not selecting the leading spaces), when the selected line is deleted, the remaining leading spaces are applied to the next line (that gets shifted up), which messes up the horizontal alignment of that line.

So, is something different, or do I possibly have an option that's not set correctly?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR