You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-05-28 18:05 | IP: IP Logged

Download link: pspad.cincura.net (1.7 MB)

Notes on PSPad update versions:
this CAB archive contains PSPad.EXE and language files only. Replace existing files from the last full release

Changes to 4.5.2 (2214)

Corrections
clip variables can contain underscore char
mark shortcuts Alt+Left/Right/Up/Down didn't work if you run empty PSPad
missing keywords in the MS-Dos Bat highlighter
partially increased Search speed

Context menu handler update
1. close Windows Explorer, Total Commander e.t.c.
2. run PSPad, go to the Program settings / System and uncheck [x]Integrate with a Right mouse click
3. close PSPad
4. open Explorer (Total Commander, ...) and replace PSPadShell.DLL with a new one
5. run PSPad and activate option in the Program settings / System

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2218) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-05-28 18:13 | IP: IP Logged

I prepare test build for the Windows 64 users.
This package contains PSPad.EXE only with a different memory manager. No other changes are made compare to build 2217

Download link: pspad.cincura.net

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: imiglikos2 | Date: 2006-05-28 19:38 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

at first, there is still a strange behavior in replace:
my original html/php-string was still something like this:

<div id="public_site_footer">
<div id="psf_z1"><a href="<?= createLink('impressum.php',true) ?>" >Impressum</a> | <a href="<?= createLink('agb.php',true) ?>" >AGB</a> | <a href="<?= createLink('datenschutz.php',true) ?>" >Datenschutz</a> | <a href="<?= createLink('unser_team.php',true) ?>" >Das Team</a> | <a href="<?= createLink('presse.php',true) ?>" >Presse</a> | <a href="<?= createLink('verrueckte_ding.php',true) ?>" >Das Verr&uuml;ckte Ding</a></div>
</div>

I try to replace the ",true" with "nothing" (blank string) in the entire scope (no more options choosen). As result I get "replaced 6x" and this output-file:

<div id="public_site_footer">
>
</div>

instead of<?= createLink('impressum.php') ?>and so on.

Second, as a suggestion for the tool panel: Is it possible to save width of the panel even if panel is closed and programm is going to be restarted? Each time I have to resize my panel because of the numerous open/close of panel and PSPad. Or is there another way to set up the standard width?

Third: Is code folding still on your huge list of things all users are begging for?

Otherwise - really great work.

#4 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: Nelson | Date: 2006-05-29 01:42 | IP: IP Logged

imiglikos2:
Second, as a suggestion for the tool panel: Is it possible to save width of the panel even if panel is closed and programm is going to be restarted? Each time I have to resize my panel because of the numerous open/close of panel and PSPad. Or is there another way to set up the standard width?

I second that.
Besides, I also hope PSPad can remember which tab is used last time.

#5 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: McBain | Date: 2006-05-29 13:55 | IP: IP Logged

I would love to be able to put the whole tool-panel (with all tabs) on the right site of the screen.
Or is this already possible?

#6 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: tdusem | Date: 2006-05-29 20:00 | IP: IP Logged

The editor setting for Search result position is not working. Search always positions the found string at the bottom of the window, ignoring the setting.

#7 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-05-29 22:27 | IP: IP Logged

imiglikos2:
there is still a strange behavior in replace

I have only noticed it when replacing with an empty string, right? But in any event it is somewhat annoying.
On the other hand, PSPad is so powerful it can even compensate this bug: I've set up Notepad2 as an external program, open my file in it via doubleclick fom the tools panel, replace, save, close, and answer "Reload from disk" to the External Change Notification in PSPad.
That's pretty much it.

#8 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-05-30 05:59 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
I have only noticed it when replacing with an empty string, right? But in any event it is somewhat annoying.
On the other hand, PSPad is so powerful it can even compensate this bug: I've set up Notepad2 as an external program, open my file in it via doubleclick fom the tools panel, replace, save, close, and answer "Reload from disk" to the External Change Notification in PSPad.
That's pretty much it.

This problem is corrected yet. Wait for the next build

#9 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: Mark | Date: 2006-05-30 06:34 | IP: IP Logged

Nelson:
Besides, I also hope PSPad can remember which tab is used last time.

I would prefer the real tab setting be a highlighter setting. When I do c++ coding I use real tabs, when I do VB coding I use spaces. Or a second option would be to make a smarter real tabs setting that will use real tabs if the file already has real tabs.

Keep up the good work PSPad is the best editor I have found at any price.

#10 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.2 (2217) English

Posted by: jusid | Date: 2006-05-30 09:10 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
partially increased Search speed

The search speed in opened file is still far from optimal. Search speed in version 4.5.1(2) is much slower (maybe 10x slower) than in version 4.3.3 which I used before.

Serach in files looks good. I did not notice any speed difference comparing to 4.3.3 version.

I hope it will be fixed. PSPad is cool smiling smiley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR