You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2205) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2205) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: Bug: No recognition of externally changed files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-27 10:55 | IP: IP Logged

Nelson:
Hi, there is a new setting called "Integrated scripting support (WSH)".
Can somebody tell me what it means?
I need to know it so that I can translate it. smiling smiley

PSPad can extend functionality using externals sripts. This function needs WSH (Windows Scripting Host) engine installed and enabled.
Scripts create content of the Script menu. You can disable PSPad scripting support with this function

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Bug: No recognition of externally changed files

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-27 10:57 | IP: IP Logged

It works. File changes are tested when PSPad takes focus (you switch to another application and back). It's same behaviour fgrom the PSPad start.
You can disable it in Program settings / Direct edit
CheckDocChanges=0

#13 Re: Bug: No recognition of externally changed files

Posted by: Joe Belmaati | Date: 2006-04-27 13:58 | IP: IP Logged

As far as I know I haven't changed anything in my Windows setup, but the ALT button has stopped working for PSPad since version 2203 on my system.

#14 Re: Bug: No recognition of externally changed files

Posted by: hoppfrosch | Date: 2006-04-27 14:34 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
It works. File changes are tested when PSPad takes focus (you switch to another application and back). It's same behaviour fgrom the PSPad start.
You can disable it in Program settings / Direct edit
CheckDocChanges=0

Apropos: I've configured a sourcecode-formatter as a link/tool within PsPad (perltidy.bat %file). Running this file the following thing happens:
* the current file is used as input for the formatter and a formatted outputfile with the same name is created (so in view from PsPad the file has changed externally)

From your notice its clear, that the option "hide output window" may not be activated to make PsPad recognize the file as changed (since PsPad does not loose and regain the focus ...)

This is annoying since the output window is just a simple cmd-box which pops up and disappears again ... Perhaps a mechanism to "check whether files have externally changed after applying a tool" makes sense. With this it should be possible to use "hide output window" and having PsPad recognizing externally changed files ...

Another problem is: having the option "hide output window" disabled, PsPad recognizes that the external file has changed, but in most cases I get THREE confirmation boxes ("File contents has changed. Reload?") for the SAME file. I cannot see the reason why there are THREE Boxes (Thats annoying too: clicking three times to make them disappear ...). Perhaps a mechanism makes sense, to avoid those multiple popup boxes on changes of the same file (Even if the file is changed three times, and PsPad (possibly) looses and regains the focus three times, only one notification box (per file) should pop up in case the confirmation box was not closed between two changes)

This behaviour occurs in earlier version too ...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 14:40 by hoppfrosch.

#15 Re: Scripting

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-27 15:22 | IP: IP Logged

Nelson:
Hi, there is a new setting called "Integrated scripting support (WSH)".
Can somebody tell me what it means?
I need to know it so that I can translate it. smiling smiley

"Program settings / System - new option allows to switch off PSPad scripting." It means that you can turn off PSPad's ability to execute the VB and JScript (and other WSH) scripts in the scripts menu.

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2205) English

Posted by: Jeroen | Date: 2006-04-27 15:28 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
File format (Dos, Mac, Unix) was always DOS if file was empty. Now is set with a same rule as the New file

Thanks, love you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 15:28 by Jeroen.

#17 ALT not working

Posted by: hl | Date: 2006-04-28 07:08 | IP: IP Logged

Joe Belmaati:
As far as I know I haven't changed anything in my Windows setup, but the ALT button has stopped working for PSPad since version 2203 on my system.

the same for me, I thought it was fromm V 2200 on, it definitely worked before

#18 Re: Bug: No recognition of externally changed files

Posted by: Bart | Date: 2006-04-28 08:54 | IP: IP Logged

Strange thing about of recognition of externally changed files. I'm using CSSTidy to optimize CSS files, i embed it as a compiler to get the log and changes of CSStidy. The log works perfect but here at work PSPad does not recognized that the files has externally changed. On my machine at home which uses the same configuration and the same built PSPad recognize the external changes.

Tried it many times always the same result. Both machines using WinXP.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2205) English

Posted by: jdub | Date: 2006-04-28 22:03 | IP: IP Logged

Ctrl-K and Shift-Ctrl-K both now append an extra line when reformatting single paragraphs. Not good...

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2205) English

Posted by: denight | Date: 2006-04-29 01:57 | IP: IP Logged

yawning smiley Search key words and print one of the files found,it will cause CPU utilization almost 100%, computer lose response.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR