You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#21 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-19 15:54 | IP: IP Logged

fafek2:
pspad:
Program settings / KeyMap
Delete problematic shortcuts

It doesn't work. "Clear all" function does, but saving to file and then loading edited key map files doesn't. I am deleting only shorcut for aSwitchlog becuase there are no other occurences, however Alt+L still displays dialog box about applying lower case action for document.

Are Hot keys "Alt+" really needed?

It works, trust me winking smiley Alt+something cames from the past.
You can save your KeyMap and edit it manually, if you want to make bigger changes.
If you want remove shortcuts, don't delete whole line, delete only part behind '=' char.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: fafek2 | Date: 2006-04-19 16:50 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
It works, trust me winking smiley Alt+something cames from the past.
You can save your KeyMap and edit it manually, if you want to make bigger changes.
If you want remove shortcuts, don't delete whole line, delete only part behind '=' char.

I know it works for almost every hot key, but for Alt+L doesn't. There is no problem with Alt+C, and so on. Check youself, please.

#23 What happened to ctrl-scrollwheel ?

Posted by: boots | Date: 2006-04-19 17:38 | IP: IP Logged

I don't remember when it stopped working but I recall that even recently, ctrl-scrollwheel would change font size. Now it just does a normal scroll. Is this an intentional regression? If so, would you consider reverting back?

Thanks!

#24 Re: What happened to ctrl-scrollwheel ?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-19 17:57 | IP: IP Logged

Ctrl+Scroll changes font size.
Download the latest version from the PSPad beta forum

#25 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pjj | Date: 2006-04-20 07:14 | IP: IP Logged

As for the "alt-L" combination not working: is PSPad the only program where it doesn't work? Do you use notebook? If you do, maybe the following quote would explain how to make it work:

Quote:
Prawdopodobnie chodzi o przechwytywanie skrótu klawiszowego [Alt]+[l] przez sterownik karty graficznej. Można to wyłączyć w ustawieniach sterownika karty graficznej intel 845G.

Graphics Properies | Hot Keys | Disable

Intel opisuje ten problem na stronie:
support.intel.com

Można też pobrać łatkę:
download.intel.com

Oraz naprawić ręcznie, edytując rejestr
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxsrvc\resources] "2860"="Disable"

For me alt+l works flawlessly, so the cause is obviously on your side.

#26 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: fafek2 | Date: 2006-04-20 12:00 | IP: IP Logged

pjj:

I've resolved the problem. aLowerCase=Ctrl+Alt+L caused the problem. It's weird, becuase I was pressing Alt+L, not Ctrl+Alt+L.

Other hot keys have same problem. Although I am pressing Alt+S, it calls function assigned to Ctrl+Alt+S hot key.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-20 12:06 by fafek2.

#27 Re: What happened to ctrl-scrollwheel ?

Posted by: boots | Date: 2006-04-20 15:42 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Ctrl+Scroll changes font size.
Download the latest version from the PSPad beta forum

Hmm. I already have the latest beta. I'm wondering if it is an intermeittent problem that occurs once a certain "state" is entered. After starting up PSPad on my linux box (under Wine -- works great!) ctrl-scroll was working as expected. Today, starting a new session on a machine with Windows XP Pro it was again working as expected. Never-the-less, after an editing session yesterday on the same machine with Windows XP Pro it was NOT working. If I can figure out the triggering condition I will let you know.

Thanks for your help!

#28 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-20 16:52 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
MrSpock:
But shouldn't I have problems with other software, too, in that case? Everything else is running smoothly. And Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Antivir don't find anything.

Did you remove PSPad.INI and try it with the "default" PSPad configuration ? Exceptions continue ?

Works much better now. I did not use the default configuration, just gave it another try with my old ini file (because you seemed so confident). Now I have a "normal" behavior, though PSPad crashed twice without any error message when I was closing the last open file. Maybe there is something, but at least I can work now. (Don't ask me what is different now ...)
Anyhow, thanks for the ini file tip. I will try it, although I don't like the idea of losing all my custom settings ... sad smiley

#29 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: Jume | Date: 2006-04-20 19:42 | IP: IP Logged

fafek2:
pjj:

I've resolved the problem. aLowerCase=Ctrl+Alt+L caused the problem. It's weird, becuase I was pressing Alt+L, not Ctrl+Alt+L.

Other hot keys have same problem. Although I am pressing Alt+S, it calls function assigned to Ctrl+Alt+S hot key.

do not misunderstand it, LEFT ALT KEY is simply ALT, while RIGHT ALT KEY (ALT GR) is not, ALT GR is the same as pressing CTRL+ALT, maybe your problems comes from there

#30 Re: What happened to ctrl-scrollwheel ?

Posted by: boots | Date: 2006-04-20 19:56 | IP: IP Logged

boots:
If I can figure out the triggering condition I will let you know.

Well, I can confirm that the ctrl-scroll does not always work but sometimes reverts to normal scroll. Although I can recreate this condition repeatedly, I can't figure out what causes this condition to arise. I can say that once this is triggered for a specific open file, open files that were working with ctrl-scroll continue to do so, but the affected open file treat ctrl-scroll as a normal scroll. Also, once a file is affected, neither reopening the file nor restarting pspad helps restore it to normal behaviour.

Can anyone else confirm this? If there is a debug mode I can use to capture relevant details I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR