You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-18 12:17 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
I'm experiencing stability problems, too. I get access violations almost every time I'm trying to close PSPad or a file.

Can you send me error log ?
In the tread you mentioned is problem with cliplist for the TXT. There is no problem with access violation if you close PSPad

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: tyzio | Date: 2006-04-18 20:22 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I would like to mention about some small but realy annoying problems with Pspad. I posted some of them already (forum.pspad.com)

So:
1. Indent/Unindent Block is not working on current line (only cursor is placed there). With 4.3.3 version it works.
2. The capture output in external appl. for highlighter is not working for TCL/TK interpreter. (In Tools window the capture output works). It seems that you use different capture output mehanism.
3. In 'Log parser' for compiler it will be good to have something like (\s+) in regExp - one or more space. From my compiler I get line numbers allign to doublecollon 'Line 2:.....'(3space), 'Line 12:....'(2space), 'Line 112:...'(1space) and right now I can only parse one of these strings.
4. Is it possible that 'Numeric base translator' and 'Expresion Evaluator' could use none-modal Dialog windows or something like that. (I would like to have the main window operable when those windows are opened).

Is any chance to put this finding at yor TODO listsmiling smiley

Nevertheless, really great TOOL!!

#13 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: fafek2 | Date: 2006-04-18 20:56 | IP: IP Logged

I think developers should correct this IMHO highly critical problem.
Writing some european diacritic marks is impossible becuase "Alt+some letter" hot keys are blocking them. I can't write "ł", because Alt+L shows some useless dialog box. Even disabling this hot key in preferences doesn't solve this problem. You should remove all hot keys starting with "Alt". "Ctrl" and "Ctrl+Alt" are OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-18 20:56 by fafek2.

#14 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-18 22:25 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
MrSpock:
I'm experiencing stability problems, too. I get access violations almost every time I'm trying to close PSPad or a file.

Can you send me error log ?
In the tread you mentioned is problem with cliplist for the TXT. There is no problem with access violation if you close PSPad

This is what I sent you per e-mail just a moment before:
Today I switched from 2203 back to build 2200, which formerly caused no trouble of that kind. But since I installed (copied) build 2203 over 2200 and then reinstalled 2200 (by deleting the 2203 exe and renaming 2200 back to PSPad.exe), I still have an unusually large number of access violations, now with build 2200 again, which I hadn't before. sad smiley ??

As far as I remember, what I did yesterday (Apr. 17) was:
1. d/l 2203 cab file;
2. rename my in-use PSPad version to PSPad_2200.exe;
3. copy PSPad.exe from the downloaded cab file to my PSPad folder
(now I had PSPad_2200.exe and the NEW PSPad.exe in c:\programme\pspad\, but I've done this before without harm);
4. copy the Office 2003 skin from the cab file to .../pspad/skins/;
5. try build 2203 with some additions to the German dictionary I've sent you earlier today (Apr. 18). (That is, I opened a large 3.8 Mb text file from disk and did some copy&paste.)

After some time, I had approximately 4 files open (1 of them 3.8 MB, the others < 1 kB. Trying to close any one of them resulted in tons of access violations, until I decided to "kill" PSPad with the task manager.

After this somewhat disturbing experience, I thought I'd be better off using good ol' 2200, and so I deleted PSPad.exe (2203) in the PSPad folder and renamed my old version (PSPad_2200.exe) back to PSPad.exe. But after that, I noticed that the stability problems persist (see log). But please note that I'm talking about a few hours now after the "downgrade" to 2200, so it might well be a coincidence.

#15 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: Carlos G | Date: 2006-04-19 01:59 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, thanx sr, but i think that i didn't express myself as must...

i'd download the last version from your beta section, but the problem persists, let me explain... in the 4.3.3 version there are two especial options, "export to clipboard as HTML" and "Export to clipboard as XHTML" , i'd like the export as HTML because it keeps the fonts and sizes that i can see in the editor, but in the XHTML format all is converted to classes like this:

<span class="pas1-reservedword">end</span>

i'd like the version 4.3.3 because it exports like this this sentence:

<font color="#0000FF"><b>end</b></font>

so i can paste it directrly to my web page without the need to declase a css style

in the new version the HTML export really is a XHTML export and the pure HTML export is missed.

Thanx

#16 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-19 03:35 | IP: IP Logged

fafek2:
I think developers should correct this IMHO highly critical problem.
Writing some european diacritic marks is impossible becuase "Alt+some letter" hot keys are blocking them. I can't write "ł", because Alt+L shows some useless dialog box. Even disabling this hot key in preferences doesn't solve this problem. You should remove all hot keys starting with "Alt". "Ctrl" and "Ctrl+Alt" are OK.

¨
Program settings / KeyMap
Delete problematic shortcuts

#17 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-19 03:48 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
After this somewhat disturbing experience, I thought I'd be better off using good ol' 2200, and so I deleted PSPad.exe (2203) in the PSPad folder and renamed my old version (PSPad_2200.exe) back to PSPad.exe. But after that, I noticed that the stability problems persist (see log). But please note that I'm talking about a few hours now after the "downgrade" to 2200, so it might well be a coincidence.

As you see, there is something strange in your system.
Some general suggestions:
- use some spyware remove tools (Ad-Aware)
- delete Temporary internet files and set size for max. 50 MB in the IE - it's system related problem

If you want to reset PSPad settings, remove(backup) PSPad.INI

#18 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-19 08:43 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
MrSpock:

As you see, there is something strange in your system.
Some general suggestions:
- use some spyware remove tools (Ad-Aware)
- delete Temporary internet files and set size for max. 50 MB in the IE - it's system related problem

If you want to reset PSPad settings, remove(backup) PSPad.INI

But shouldn't I have problems with other software, too, in that case? Everything else is runing smoothly. And Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Antivir don't find anything.

#19 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: fafek2 | Date: 2006-04-19 14:51 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Program settings / KeyMap
Delete problematic shortcuts

It doesn't work. "Clear all" function does, but saving to file and then loading edited key map files doesn't. I am deleting only shorcut for aSwitchlog becuase there are no other occurences, however Alt+L still displays dialog box about applying lower case action for document.

Are Hot keys "Alt+" really needed?

#20 Re: PSPad unicode 4.5.1 (2203) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-19 15:33 | IP: IP Logged

MrSpock:
But shouldn't I have problems with other software, too, in that case? Everything else is runing smoothly. And Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Antivir don't find anything.

Did you remove PSPad.INI and try it with the "default" PSPad configuration ? Exceptions continue ?

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR