You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

#11 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2006-02-15 17:20 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I just upgraded to 4.5.0 (2183) from some variation of 4.3.3...

Anyway, one of the first things I noticed is the following:

I have a "Tcl" based project. Under "Projects | Project Settings", I have defined a "Compiler" to be the tcl interpreter (wish84 - just as I did in 4.3.3). Now, when I execute on of my scripts using Ctrl+F9...

If, under "Project Settings | Compiler", I have checked "Capture Program Output Window", PSPad acts "normal" while the script is running. That is, I can get to my source file to continue editing it while the script is running.

On the other hand, if I *do not* check "Capture Program Output Window", PSPad seems to be "blocked" by the script. That is, PSPad's UI won't refresh while my script is running. In fact, dragging my script window over the surface of the PSPad window just blanks the window out entirely. Once I exit from my script, the PSPad GUI refreshes and acts normal.

This appears to be new, as by default, I have never checked the mentioned option - as my script has its own output window.

So, is there some new setting I'm unaware of that's causing this problem, or is this a problem with the new update?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff Godfrey

Post Edited (02-24-2006 05:12)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: Chris Pirillo | Date: 2006-02-15 20:00 | IP: IP Logged

This has been happening with all builds of the UNICODE version. When the file is in text mode, the display font is fine, but when the file is using a syntax style, the spacing in the same font widens just a bit... noticably so. Very annoying.

#13 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: Kristof | Date: 2006-02-16 13:15 | IP: IP Logged

to Manuel regarding codefolding:

forum.pspad.com

It's a not PSPad's decission, it's the module PSPad is using for editor called synedit. As long as the original creators of synedit do not update it PSPad can not incorporate it. So plz don't continue to hassle Jan with it.

I've contacted some ppl who have implemented codefolding for synedit succesfully and they are willing to give back this code to guy who created synedit, so soon (I hope) we will have codefolding.

#14 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: flow | Date: 2006-02-17 16:14 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

i just upgraded to this version.
Now i get a message of the Just-In-Time Debuggin, when starting PSPad.
It says "An exception 'Runtime Error' has occured in Script."

If i choose VisualStudio to debug, i get a runtime error 'Microsoft JScript: 'module_name' is undefined' in SQLFormat.js.

Is there anything i can do about this?

Thanks flow.

#15 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-02-17 19:57 | IP: IP Logged

Delete content of the Script\JScript subdirecotry

#16 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: flow | Date: 2006-02-17 20:06 | IP: IP Logged

It worked. Thanks!

#17 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: Jimmy | Date: 2006-02-17 20:41 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks, I had the same error and that fixed it.

#18 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: destiny_ruler | Date: 2006-02-18 18:05 | IP: IP Logged

Yeah, the problem is solved now. PSPad Rocks!!

#19 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-02-19 16:43 | IP: IP Logged

Can you uncheck the Hide output window option in the compiler settings and tell me what's happend ?

#20 Re: PSPad 4.5.0 (2183) English

Posted by: jgodfrey | Date: 2006-02-19 17:31 | IP: IP Logged

pspad wrote:

> Can you uncheck the Hide output window option in the compiler
> settings and tell me what's happend ?

Jan,

I assume this response was for me? It's hard to tell sometimes... If so, the "Hide Output window" option is already unchecked. Checking or unchecking it seems to have no impact on the reported results.

Something else I noticed since posting last... As I said, I can only access PSPad with my Tcl app running if I have the "Capture Program Output Window" checked, but even then - I can only run 1 copy of my app.

So, if I have one copy running, and I make a change to the source in PSPad that I want to *compare* to the running copy (generally a UI change), I can't start a 2nd copy, as the "Run external compiler (Ctrl+F9)" is greyed out when a copy is running. This is also new since my upgrade to the current version - as I routinely ran multiple copies of my programs in the past.

Thanks,

Jeff

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR