You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

#11 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-12-19 19:06 | IP: IP Logged

Ctrl+F7, check if a dictionary is installed and selected.
If you use a highlighted code, PSPad spells strings or comments only

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: kaphyr | Date: 2005-12-20 02:33 | IP: IP Logged

This version still have problems when you change between file tabs, the GUI will flicker and display slow. this only happen when you GUI large than 85 char in width and 22 line in height.

#13 Two issues

Posted by: nTE | Date: 2005-12-20 12:36 | IP: IP Logged

There are two issues I noticed with build 2173 (besides the minor mistake that its build number is still stated as 2163 ;):

issue:
scrolling is off by log window height when switch between tabs

steps to reproduce:
- open two files where at least one is vertically scrollable
- open the log window
- scroll down to the end of file one
- switch to file two and back to file one

result:
-> file one is not displayed as scrolled down to the end by the height of the log window

expected result:
-> file is displayed as scrolled down to the end (as it is, when the log window isn't open)

issue:
text highlighter displays urls as blue and underlined

steps to reproduce:
- open new text file
- write www.example.com

result:
-> www.example.com is displayed blue and underlined

expected result:
-> www.example.com is displayed black and not underlined (like normal text)

The second issue may be personal taste only so it might be better to switch this behaviour on/off via an ini setting.

I guess you're hearing a lot of praise for your program but assuming that you're not already sick of hearing it:
PSPad rocks!

I thought I found the philosopher's stone with UltraEdit but then I found PSPad and was totally amazed how something could be even better then my (formerly ;) beloved UltraEdit.
Using PSPad for more than a year now, I can hardly imagine that I'll ever switch to any other multi-purpose text editor.

#14 Re: Two issues

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2005-12-20 16:01 | IP: IP Logged

I totally agree with you nTE
PSPad rocks! grinning smiley

Its only weakness compare to UltraEdit is it cannot search in file with regular expressions.
But I am sure that one day Jan will add that feature winking smiley

Long life to PSPad

#15 Re: Two issues

Posted by: nTE | Date: 2005-12-20 21:45 | IP: IP Logged

After updating my PSPad at home (4.3.3 2092 or something) to build 2173 I noticed that the url-highlighting in text-files is gone and the version number is correct.
My fault, I'm sorry.

Something else I've noticed is that you can't choose to trim trailing spaces only when saving.
If necessary I'll beg you to reimplement that feature. *g*

Honestly though, I hope it finds its way back into PSPad as the other two options are not what I want.

#16 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: Antonio | Date: 2005-12-21 11:35 | IP: IP Logged

Great work. I think PSPad will be the best editor soon....

But it's not the best right now (in my opinion) because of the lack of "Column Mode" as Ultraedit, for example. This feature is one of the most powerful tools for programmers.

#17 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: profix898 | Date: 2005-12-21 14:15 | IP: IP Logged

I recently installed PSPad beta (2173). Great. I think PSPad is on the fast lane to
become the best freeware editor around. Thanks.

One issue:
Is it possible to make PSPad recognize filetypes by content? I.e. PSPad does not
recognize php files without .php extension. Even files starting with "<?php" are not
indentified (and therefore highlighted) correctly. The same is true for html. It should
be easy to recognize such filetypes because they start/contain special markers (like
<?php ..., or <html>). It would be great to extend PSPad's capabilities to do so.
Not every php file does have .php extension ;)

Regards Thilo

#18 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: Lolo | Date: 2005-12-21 14:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Antonio,

I probably not understood what you want but column mode is available in PSPad.
You simply just to go in Edit menu then "Selection Type" sub menu and choose what type of selection you need.
Or simply use Alt + mouse your mouse on column you need to select.

Is it what you need?

Have a nice day.

Lolo

#19 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: Antonio | Date: 2005-12-21 15:11 | IP: IP Logged

Not exactly.

In Ultraedit, if you want to insert some characters in columns, yo can change to "column mode" and you are able to insert, delete, change, select, ....

In Pspad you cannot insert, just delete or change characteres you have selected. You have to use the "Alt+I" method to insert characteres that is less intuitive and a lot slower.

In fact, in pspad, there is "column selection mode", and in Ultraedit there is a "column mode". If you have userd Ultraedit, you know what i mean. smiling smiley

#20 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2173) beta English

Posted by: Jody | Date: 2005-12-21 16:32 | IP: IP Logged

URL's are not highlighted and do not work with Ctrl-click

I've tried Text, HTML and XHTML, and HTML multihighlighter and doesn't work in all.

Is this now an option that I've missed somewhere?

Thanks,

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR