You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

#11 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Dwornik | Date: 2005-10-24 13:43 | IP: IP Logged

After Ctrl+Space ClipShow is appeared (as is defined in KeyMap.INI) and shortcuts still don't work.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: DxGx | Date: 2005-10-24 15:07 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

great features!!!

however new feature with FTP drop down menu shows random list of existing FTP accounts. It seems that list just needs sort or something smiling smiley.

I agree with jhon that SSH for FTP would be great! lol

#13 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Eemeli | Date: 2005-10-24 16:06 | IP: IP Logged

Yeah, we want SSH support. Please, Jan, make that.

#14 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Nomad | Date: 2005-10-24 17:49 | IP: IP Logged

quote by Jan:
>> Ctrl+Space doesn't reset shortcuts ?

Well, sometimes involking the Cliplist solves the problem, sometimes a PSPad restart is necessary.
I'm using almost always the multi-Highlighter and observed that -sometimes- the shortcuts don't work anymore after editing some PHP code and then returning to the HTML section of my document. Maybe that in some cases the Shortcuts aren't properly re-set to the according Multi-highlighter section?

#15 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Bartlomiej Dwornik | Date: 2005-10-25 07:39 | IP: IP Logged

As for Nomad's suggestions about shortcuts and multi-highliter

I decidet to test it, and thats what I have done:

- set that default new open file is html in multihighliter mode
- restart PSPad
- in new file, opened right after start all shortcuts works right
- when I open new, empty file with ICON - in new file (.html) shortcuts don't work
- but when I open new file with Ctrl+N and select HTML from type list shortcuts work!
- when I open any of my .asp, .php, inc or even .html files from HD, shortcuts don't work

Same situation was when I changed default settings to open html file in html mode and turned off html-multihighliter. Nothing changed in PSPad behaviour.

@Nomad - can You check is Your PSPad's behaviour similar?
@Jan - do You have any idea what could it be? If it is not common problem, maybe we had messed config files somehow?

#16 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Nomad | Date: 2005-10-25 11:10 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Bartlomiej,

I tested as you suggested, and even when:
>>- but when I open new file with Ctrl+N and select HTML from type list shortcuts work!

my shortcuts don't work. Tested the same with the setting 'default new file in TXT format', and nothing changed. So I'm still unsure what exactly is the reason for this annoyance...

#17 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Mario Molinari | Date: 2005-10-26 08:29 | IP: IP Logged

Jan,

I am not sure whether this problem is just mine, but, when editing a C file with the Unicode version, I occasionally see additional strange symbol after the slash ("/") character at the end of a comment. It might be that the problem only shows up if the slash is at the end of a line as well, but I'm not sure about this.

The most common symbol is a sign similar to the vertical bar (|) character, but shorter and thicker, other times I see a comma (,). In most cases everything is Ok, though, but if you scroll a large file, it is almost sure that you'll see something strange here and there.

Sometimes, you don't see anything, but, if you select the text, the strange symbol appears in reversed selection.

The file is Unix text.

I guess that syntax highlighting may have something to do with this problem.

As far as I can say, the problem has always been present in release 4.5.0.

Maybe you could check the problem against some of the sample source files I sent you in the past, otherwise I can send you a new one, if needed.

This is an aesthetic problem, but rather annoying.

Thanks for your attention, cheers.
Mario smiling smiley

#18 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Bart | Date: 2005-10-27 11:34 | IP: IP Logged

Jep, SFTP support would be cool!

#19 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: Mario Molinari | Date: 2005-10-27 14:24 | IP: IP Logged

Some supplemental information about the problem reported.
It seems that the problem sometimes (but not always) disappears by scrolling in and out (i.e., up and down) of a piece of code, where it is present.

Another problem about the C code explorer window.
It seems that the C/C++ reserved keyword "defined" (used by C pre-processor) is mislooked as a function name.

For example, the line

#if defined(LINUX) || defined(PSOS)

appears as a function definition in the code explorer docked window.

Ciao,
Mario smiling smiley

#20 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2139) beta English

Posted by: rem | Date: 2005-10-27 20:53 | IP: IP Logged

>I tested as you suggested, and even when:
>>>- but when I open new file with Ctrl+N and select HTML from type list shortcuts >work!

>my shortcuts don't work. Tested the same with the setting 'default new file in TXT >format', and nothing changed. So I'm still unsure what exactly is the reason for this >annoyance...

I've been crying about this issue for so long and I after a while I gave up... Same here with this shortcut trouble. I'm working with the HTML.DEF (multihighlighter default) open and when my shortcuts stop responding, I'm saving it to the same location and everything works fine until next time when I'm saving it again and so on ... might sound crazy but this is what's working for me.

thanks.

Post Edited (10-27-2005 23:30)

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR