You are here: PSPad forum > Developer forum - new builds > PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

#11 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-07 17:57 | IP: IP Logged

Give me a description of the situation when you lost the key definition.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: roybot | Date: 2005-10-07 20:08 | IP: IP Logged

just want to say thank you for this great piece of work, hopefully i'll get into coding more in order to explore bugs on my own in the future winking smiley no problems so far... thank you! (sorry for OT) pspad is my favourite! smiling smiley

#13 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Triplex | Date: 2005-10-07 21:52 | IP: IP Logged

Unicode incompatibility.

I am using 4.50.2132. I think that the Unicode part is not different than build 2134.

When PSPad open, modify, save an Unicode file. The file cannot be re-read properly by another editor.

Test:
1. Using NotePad, create a new file containing a few lines.
2. Save file, format Unicode.
3. Open the file with PSPad, change something and Save.
4. Re-Open the file using NotePad
All CRLF disappear, we can only see a square

What should I do to make NotePad be able to re-read the Unicode encoded file with proper CRLF?

Thanks very much in advance.

#14 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Jume | Date: 2005-10-08 20:45 | IP: IP Logged

in previous versions of pspad (not sure in 4.5 betas though) there were this behavior:

if you call "switch lines" when nothing selected, the actual line is switched with the one below
if you call "switch lines" when something selected in the same line (no multiline selection), same as before
if you call "switch lines" when multiline selection, it will reverse the order of the lines affected by selection

ok, in this last beta the behaviour is this:

if you call "switch lines" when nothing selected, the actual line is switched with the one below
if you call "switch lines" when something selected in the same line (no multiline selection), nothing happens
if you call "switch lines" when multiline selection, it will NOT inverse the order of the lines affected by selection, but the line contents affected only INSIDE the selection, this one is a bit weird and if youre not careful when selecting the whole lines, you get unexpected results

maybe this is a weird bug or something like that, if it is the new behavior, i vote for changing it back smoking smiley

Post Edited (10-08-2005 22:46)

#15 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Paul Huizer | Date: 2005-10-09 12:03 | IP: IP Logged

I've got the same problem as fred now. Have been working with the production release, but copied the latest 4.5.0 (2134) exe and language files over the 4.3.3 (2092) release.

First it worked fine ... but now my cursors etc don't work ... (fortunatly they still function properly in other win apps winking smiley ...

What can I do to workaround this??

Paul

#16 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: Paul Huizer | Date: 2005-10-09 12:11 | IP: IP Logged

The problem with the non-working special keys (up, down, home, etc...) disappears when resetting key-map:

Settings->Program Settings->KeyMap->Deafult button

then ... restart PSPad as suggested by PSPad .. special keys work again ...

I'll try to reproduce it ...

#17 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-09 13:42 | IP: IP Logged

I need a description of the situation when editor keys are lost in build 2134

#18 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-09 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for information.
It will be OK in next build

#19 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2005-10-09 19:04 | IP: IP Logged

It's no problem to change it.
PSPad will use the line separator depending on File format (Dos/Unix/Mac) from the next build in UNICODE files too.
PSPad now use the standard WideLineSeparator in UNICODE files.

#20 Re: PSPad UNICODE 4.5.0 (2134) beta English

Posted by: gosurfbrowser.com | Date: 2005-10-10 05:54 | IP: IP Logged

A request: Do not display the name of current tab in application's title. It's boring when I open pspad in office. winking smiley

A bug-report: When I search a term in a large file (300kb, every line has about 300 chars), the unicode editor scrolls to result very very slow. (ANSI version doesn't have this problem) Is this unicode-synedit too instabile?

--
--
getgosurf.com

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR