You are here: PSPad forum > Translation > German Spellcheck Dictionary

German Spellcheck Dictionary

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

#1 German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-02-17 17:58 | IP: IP Logged

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this ... Anyhow, most Germanophone users will have noticed that the original German spellcheck dictionary for PSPad is virtually unusable, mainly for three reasons:
* it contains tons of typos precisely of the kind one wishes to avoid by using spellcheck,
* it doesn't contain inflected forms for most words,
* it's a weird mixture of Swiss and German (DE) spelling (double-s vs. ß).

I'm currently working on an improved version, at least for my personal use. I don't want to interfere with other people's work, but if nobody has objections, I would like to make it publicly available, either on this site or on my own webspace. What do you think?

Jan

P.S. Anyone who is interested can download the present version from www.uni-due.de
There's certainly room for further improvement, but at least for me it already works much better.

Nachricht bearbeitet (21.03.2006 12:31)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-02-22 12:46 | IP: IP Logged

EDIT by Moderator:
Ich kann das erste Posting nicht editieren, daher schreibe ich hier.

Die Download-Links zur Uni von 2010 funktionieren nicht mehr.

Für alternative Links zu "sourceforge.net" siehe Seite 4
>> Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2010-10-02 12:56

Unter >> sourceforge.net
kann man sich die *.dic-Dateien runter laden:

german.7z - 2019-03-26 - 5.8 MB (german.dic, 31 MB, 1,9 Millionen Zeilen)
PSPad.7z   - 2013-09-14 - 4.0 MB (Riesig.1-1-0.dic, 25 MB, 1,6 Millionen Zeilen)

Siehe dort das Readme: Free German Dictionary Readme

- - -

Auf der www.pspad.com Homepage, unter Deutsch > Download
bei "Rechtschreibkontrolle" , gibt es noch diese Version zum runter laden:
de_dic.cab - 2008-08-06 - 1.6 MB (Deutsch.4-4-1.dic, 7,5 MB, Fünfhunderttausend Zeilen)

-------------original Post:
I'll upload my current version eyery other week or so. If there's someone out there who really uses PSPad's spell checking capabilities: I could do with some feedback.
www.uni-due.de.

Nachricht bearbeitet (21.03.2006 12:35)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-04 08:27 by Stefan.

#3 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-03-27 22:14 | IP: IP Logged

I think I should just knock off that habit of editing my old posts. It's a bit confusing. Nevertheless, nothing really new on the Western front. Just a minimally changed version of the German spellcheck dictionary:
www.uni-due.de.

By the way: Some sample user dictionaries could save me a lot of time and work.

#4 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-01 01:17 | IP: IP Logged

Stefan, thanks a lot for the feedback. Of course I understand that for the vast majority of PSPad users, spell checking isn't an issue: Who cares if a source file comment has a few typos? But I use PSPad mainly as one of the best HTML editors I've ever come across, and then it does matter sometimes (e.g., search engines). But if you don't use it, it's OK. Most people don't care about correct spelling, they want content.

>Mr. Spock, would you please add "revisions numbers" to your Deutsch.dic
>like you have done with Deutsch-2-1-1.dic ?
>I presuming you could even add comments with an leading ; or # inside the dic ?!?

I guess that question bounces back to Jan again: Is there some way to "out-comment" a line in a dictionary file?

And b.t.w.: I have to admit that I never cared about version numbers, 2.1.1 wasn't correct anyway. How about 3.4, starting from now on? I think it's my fourth upload so far, and I expect the future changes to be quite insignificant.

[I would like to have a nice little graphic here that says "We say 'thanks!'" PSPad rocks! It is the most intuitive and user-friendly "advanced editor" I've ever seen.]

Nachricht bearbeitet (01.04.2006 18:24)

#5 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-01 04:44 | IP: IP Logged

You can send me it via mail. I will actualize German dicitionary on the PSPad pages if I get new version.

#6 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-04-01 04:47 | IP: IP Logged

It's possible to make a some comment in the dictionary, but it will slow down reading list of the files.
Your last dic file is available on the PSPad pages. Send me new version via e-mail and I will publish it.

#7 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-08 20:57 | IP: IP Logged

Latest version 3-0-5 is online now. Same link as before. Minor corrections, ~500 entries added. We're getting closer to the state of usability now. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-08 20:58 by MrSpock.

#8 New Version 3.0.6

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-04-18 11:24 | IP: IP Logged

As of old, the new version can be downloaded here. Minor corrections, mostly related to the aforementioned "double-s vs. ß" problem, large number of inflected forms of adjectives added.
I think we're getting close to a point where it seems wiser to leave the rest to the user dictionaries. On older computers, it will most likely slow everything down more than acceptable if the dictionary file is much larger than 4MB, and we're not far from that now.

#9 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2006-05-23 23:25 | IP: IP Logged

v. 3.0.7 is online now. Next version will be 3.1.0, I hope. I've taken some time to improve it, I hope it will be reasonably complete soon. Same link as before: www.uni-due.de

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 23:32 by MrSpock.

#10 Re: German Spellcheck Dictionary

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2006-05-27 08:03 | IP: IP Logged

Doris:
Would it be possible to help me to get a German
spellchecker for my Compaq-Windows XP?
You know, just to make sure I didn't made a mistake?
I am trying but can't get one and the one from my old computer, would not download onto my new one.
Thanks, Doris

Visit PSPad download page and download German dictionary
Unpack it and file German.x-x-x.dic save into PSPad .\Spell subdirectory
In the PSPad go to the menu settings / Spell Settings and choose German

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR