You are here: PSPad forum > Translation > Splitting English dictionary into US and GB

Splitting English dictionary into US and GB

#1 Splitting English dictionary into US and GB

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2010-03-21 23:49 | IP: IP Logged

The dictionary files for English need some work. Some very common word are missing, while on the other hand there are several different variants of 'aargh,' non-english words and other noise in the file.

Additionally, there hasn't been a distinction between language variants so far. Here's a first pass at splitting the dictionary into two separate dictionaries for en_US and en_GB: www.box.net (370 KB)

Still needs work, but in my opinion it's much better than the English dictionary provided for download at the PSPad website.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Splitting English dictionary into US and GB

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-03-22 05:19 | IP: IP Logged

There is no problem to offer 2 dictionaries, but I am not able to split it - my knowledges of English are not enough for such work

#3 Re: Splitting English dictionary into US and GB

Posted by: MrSpock | Date: 2010-03-22 14:43 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, of course I didn't mean to imply that you should do all the work. In fact, I was hoping that one of the English native speakers who use PSPad might step up at this point ... smiling smiley

If not, I'll see what I can do, but it will take some time.

BTW I used Hunspell for the splitting.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR