You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

#1 PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Posted by: af1hs | Date: 2018-03-20 13:03 | IP: IP Logged

I have vs. 4.6.2 (2750) of PSPad. Recently whenever I'm using PSPad I need to minimize it before I can access another program like FileZilla to complete my coding work. It looks like if PSPad is the active element on the screen, nothing else can be accessed until PSPad is minimized. So to make a quick code change on a program, I minimize PSPad following the change, then go to FileZilla to transfer it to the web, and finally go to my browser to check the result of the coding changes. The F10 key used to work to access IE but now that's inoperable also - F10 brings up a dialog box asking if I want to save my file.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-03-20 13:05 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
I guess you accidentally activated "Stay on top" function. It's a toolbar button with "pin" symbol or menu View / Stay on Top

#3 Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-03-21 22:45 | IP: IP Logged

af1hs:
... then go to FileZilla to transfer it to the web, ...

You did not need this step. You can open and edit the file directly within pspad. No need for FileZilla in between.

#4 Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2018-03-23 19:24 | IP: IP Logged

Andreas:
af1hs:
... then go to FileZilla to transfer it to the web, ...

You did not need this step. You can open and edit the file directly within pspad. No need for FileZilla in between.

Ahhh, but FZ *should* still be usable!!!
Frankly, I also use FileZilla to push files to my web page... I'm sure there are many other FTP programs that I could use, including possibly PsPad, but I use FZ... I *would* expect it to be usable even if PsPad is open!!

Hopefully Mr Pspad's suggestion will be the solution.

#5 Re: PSPad Locks Out Other Programs

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-03-23 20:53 | IP: IP Logged

Yes FileZilla should still run and the reported behaviour that he has to minimize PSPad should get fixed (I don't have this problem).

I also work with FileZilla as PSPad is not an FTP client (and never intended to be one but an editor). Just wanted to mention that he does not need the step with filezilla while editing a file on a remote server.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR