You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: * [star] on a new line then press enter adds a previous * on next line

Re: * [star] on a new line then press enter adds a previous * on next line

#1 * [star] on a new line then press enter adds a previous * on next line

Posted by: mydna | Date: 2017-03-24 21:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, I just found that if there is a line that begins with a *, no matter if there is only one * or more than one *, if the cursor is placed after the * and you press enter, on the new line a * is added at the beginning of the new line leaving the cursor after it.

e.g. (I'll replace the blinking cursor at the end of the * with the | [pipe] character):

*|
or
*****|

if I press Enter I get this:

*|
or
*|

However if the line begins with another non-star character and ends with a *, if you place the cursor after the * and press Enter, the new line does not create a * with the cursor placed after it, it acts normal.

It seems to be repeating the previous * character only if the line begins with a * either on its own or with more than one *.

I'm using pspad v4.6.2 (2750) on Windows 10 x64 and have most of the extra plugins.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: * [star] on a new line then press enter adds a previous * on next line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-25 10:17 | IP: IP Logged

Program settings / Direct edit button
change value of ContinueComments = 0

#3 Re: * [star] on a new line then press enter adds a previous * on next line

Posted by: mydna | Date: 2017-04-11 03:24 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Program settings / Direct edit button
change value of ContinueComments = 0

Thank you for clarifying, I had a hunch [on my back telling me] that this might be a setting. Now I know! I love pspad... keep up with the wonderful work you do.

Cheers from Oz

Edit: To clarify, after an unsuccessful search for "ContinueComments" in the Direct Edit settings, I learned that it is actually "ContinueComment" [without the "s" at the end]. I hope this helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-11 03:31 by mydna.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR