You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: Copy + paste from Hex EDIT Mode is not working

Re: Copy + paste from Hex EDIT Mode is not working

#1 Copy + paste from Hex EDIT Mode is not working

Posted by: Puliver | Date: 2016-07-22 08:05 | IP: IP Logged

I stumbled upon a bug when I needed to copy a hexadecimal representation of a UTF-8 string. When I try to do this by marking and copying the corresponding text or hex-string respectively into clipboard, it only copies the first string letter and not even the hexadecimal numbers I marked.

Maybe it has something to do also with problem when I use search in Hex EDIT Mode to find hexadecimals and my first match is the first letter of my search string and not the whole string I requested. When I press F3 afterwards, it finds correct match.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-22 08:13 by Puliver.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Copy + paste from Hex EDIT Mode is not working

Posted by: Puliver | Date: 2016-07-25 11:05 | IP: IP Logged

Ok, the problem arises when I try to search for/copy unicode characters. I can copy and search e.g. for ascii string "run" where I can use hexadecimals 72756E and it finds it ok, but when I try to search for/copy it as unicode representation 720075006E00, then this bug occurs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-25 11:08 by Puliver.

#3 Re: Copy + paste from Hex EDIT Mode is not working

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2016-07-26 17:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I'm not sure, whether the following is relevant, as I don't really use this feature much, but there are two modes of hexadecimal view in PSPad:
via
File: Open in Hex editor (Ctrl+Shift+O)
you can access directly the file as stored on disc.

On the other hand, if you switch a current text content to HEX via
View: HEX edit mode

you see the internaly recoded representation of the file content ( I believe, it is utf-16), hence the utf-8 byte sequences wouldn't be found here.

Does the reported behaviour appear in both of these modes?

regards,
vbr

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR