You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-20 13:39 | IP: IP Logged

sandrosilveira:
Thank you!! I sent one to you on Friday and today one more. Please let me know if you do not receive it, our mail server (@rech.com.br domain) has many spam rules and eventually the emails are not sent.

I got one only where exception list was cutted out, it means it's useless for me.

Jan

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-03-22 17:20 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately after some days using the version 5.0.0 (136) one of our programmers reported me today who the problem yet persists.

Binary chars appear in the middle of the text while editing and the file was truncated on save, see the follow screenshot:

Sandro.

#13 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-22 22:25 | IP: IP Logged

Does he uses scripts in PSPad? Which ones are instaled?
I would appreciate if he can remember what was his last action before it occurred.

#14 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-03-23 16:36 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Does he uses scripts in PSPad? Which ones are instaled?

Yes, we use a lot of VB Scripts in PSPAD!

pspad:
I would appreciate if he can remember what was his last action before it occurred.

He opened a '.bat' file (windows script), searched for some content, edited and saved it. During the edition, an action he remembers was the execution of a Script that puts a 'rem ' (comment) at begin of line. This script do some actions like this:

set editor = newEditor()
editor.assignActiveEditor
if editor.readOnly() then
exit sub
end if
editor.caretX(1)
editor.command "ecInsertLine"
editor.selText "rem "

I checked the entire execution of this script and I didn't find any other command that place content in the editing area except 'ecInsertLine' and 'selText "rem ".

I also searched for the "ITEM46" content that appears in the screenshot and found nothing in the PSPAD executable and in none of the scripts we use. It seems that the binary content is some 'pointer operation' that is putting the strange content from memory of running processes in the middle of the text.

We don't discard that the problem is in some of the scripts that we execute, because they interact a lot with PSPad, we will expand the log on them as a better way to investigate this too.

Sandro.

#15 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-23 18:34 | IP: IP Logged

I have searched for items in screenshot too, but I didn't found it.
It looks like menuitems, but I don't use such naming and havn't found it in sources.

#16 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: sandrosilveira | Date: 2017-03-31 11:35 | IP: IP Logged

Jan, a developer reported me that the problem happened again with 5.0.0 (161), but now, rather than binary chars, two interrogation chars (??) appeared in the middle of the script that was in edition and was truncated causing a critical execution error. You modified something, putting these two chars to try find the problem?

#17 Re: Weird characters shown and saved randomly

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-03-31 12:20 | IP: IP Logged

sandrosilveira:
Jan, a developer reported me that the problem happened again with 5.0.0 (161), but now, rather than binary chars, two interrogation chars (??) appeared in the middle of the script that was in edition and was truncated causing a critical execution error. You modified something, putting these two chars to try find the problem?

Use current build please. There is lot of fixes.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR