You are here: PSPad forum > Bug report / Hlášení chyb > Re: FTP auto save

Re: FTP auto save

#1 FTP auto save

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2015-09-26 08:57 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I can't believe that this has not yet been reported by any other user but I noticed a really strange behaviour since some versions.

(It may be due to ftp working on the same thread as the program.)

I noticed that pspad automatically saves my file if it is open via ftp without me wanting that. This has several problems:

1) Imagine you are browsing the ftp server in the server explorer and the file is auto-saved, this moves you to the file directory and you need to go all the way back.

2) You change something in production (yes, that's bad style...) and are in the middle of a php statement - file saves with syntax error and if you leave the desk and think that you'll finish later, you've got a big problem...

3) UI Blocks

How to reproduce:
Well, that's the biggest problem - it does not happen every time / regularly.
But I use pspad every day for some hours and it happens too often to be just imagination. My scenario is:

Open a php file with from a pspad ftp connection and just type some code.. leave the window alone for some while or continue typing and it will save and the red tab arrow (which indicates that changes have been made to the file) will disappear - you will also see that the file is saved if you check it on the server.

Best regards

PS: I am currently using 4.6.0 (2671) but had it since updating to 4.6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-26 08:58 by viplex.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: FTP auto save

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2015-09-26 11:56 | IP: IP Logged

As far as I know this never has happened to me. Maybe it depends on a setting option.

Suspicious options might be (my values in brackets):

Editor 2 - Auto Refresh [0]
Backup - Auto-Backup [0]
Text compare - Save files before tool call [ ]

#3 Re: FTP auto save

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-26 12:34 | IP: IP Logged

I know about this problem.
The solution is to put FTP operations into standalone process. But I want to move PSPad to newer Delphi verison first, cause there is a little different work with threads.

#4 Re: FTP auto save

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2015-09-26 18:17 | IP: IP Logged

Do you know if I'm on the safe side with my settings?

#5 Re: FTP auto save

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2015-09-26 18:29 | IP: IP Logged

The influence what has setting is AutoSave interval in Program settings / Backup only.
If you set interval to 0, PSPad won't save file on the background and it means it won't save it to FTP too.

#6 Re: FTP auto save

Posted by: viplex | Date: 2016-01-31 20:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
did you find the time to fix this?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR